n0mdf t1_iwzau6i wrote

There's two possible ways:

1. it's too small
  2. it's too big

MrSosaaa t1_ix19v80 wrote

1. It’s too average…

which led her to confusion.

gelotuz OP t1_iwyobes wrote

This one is called Disorder30. It is mostly meant as a macropad that mimics 1800 or 75% layout keyboard.

You can cut the pcb smaller size if you prefer 75% version and use jumper wires if want turn it back larger size

Project inspired by the "Dissatisfaction30" project by github user dcpedit.

Project files can be found in here: https://github.com/mkylama/disorder30

User1539 t1_iwzb9n5 wrote

I was wondering if this was a full layout, or macropad. it could be either, but the layout just looks like it'd be weird as a full keyboard for some reason.

Drunkin_Dino t1_iwz3c0s wrote

does it have any practical use or just a lil gimmick thing?

gelotuz OP t1_iwz4hac wrote

I would say it more gimmick thing than practical thing. Of course you can use it as any other macropad or small gamepad for some games like League of Legends or some FPS titles.

Olde94 t1_iwzkvdm wrote

I could see it being used as a gamepad certainly

Psychotisis t1_ix0b0zd wrote

Without z x c it's pretty useless for FPS other than maybe boomer shooters that use Ctrl still.

Really great, but I'd say League is one of the few things this is actually useful for

edit: Idk why I'm getting downvoted... What shooter can you play with this effectively? I expect crouch is fairly important in most, so aside from doom/quake/duke3d I don't see the application

−2

herecould t1_ix0ebr5 wrote

I personally couldn’t play league with that because the all-chat is an integral part of the game and I need to quickly respond to others there. xD

This-Eggplant-6653 t1_ix1vc6b wrote

It’s being downvoted because any custom keyboard can have keys mapped to anything and you’re posting in THE subreddit for custom keyboards acting like you know what you’re talking about but you don’t. A classic case of r/confidentlyincorrect

Psychotisis t1_ix2wiib wrote

Seriously? Because I didn't consider remapping keys? Lmaoo

Also, m'lord. Sorry to ruffle thy fedora.

LADiator t1_ix1do5p wrote

You’re getting downvoted but you’re 100% correct.

This-Eggplant-6653 t1_ix1vd2r wrote

Except he’s not

LADiator t1_ix1y99x wrote

I’ve been playing competitive FPS for 20 years. In my experience (which i realize N=1) I can’t see a way that this is an ideal board for a shooter. The ergo is wrong. The space bar is too close to your movement keys your hand will be cramped after playing for any extended period. Your number row is ever so slightly shifted so weapon swaps will be clumsy. Left shift, which is pressed constantly, is much smaller and you will miss it with your pinky regularly making you miss critical movement and losing you the fight. I will admit if you trained on this board maybe you could overcome the quirks, but why? All I can see forcing that issue is losing games or picking up an injury. It’s a sweet board, but it’s the wrong tool for the job. This is an xl macropad. In all seriousness if I’m missing something here I would love to learn what it is. I’m always open to learning something new, especially if there’s a new wave of people using boards this small and playing at a high level.

bobtheblb t1_ix3pke9 wrote

Woman here with super small hands 🙌. Like I can wear kid size gloves 🧤 and I can’t fit women’s extra small. This keyboard is great!

LADiator t1_ix3qcew wrote

Use case I hadn’t thought of! Best of luck on your smol keeb journey!

This-Eggplant-6653 t1_ix212sw wrote

Every time someone says “this board is wrong/too small/bad for FPS” some competitive dork wins a major CS tournament or something with a 40%. This board is fine, if anything the ergonomics are better because you don’t have to reach as much.

−1

LADiator t1_ix24xjm wrote

I’d be careful throwing dork around in keyboard sub. None of us have a leg to stand on in that respect.Haha I’ve never seen a pro player use less than a 60% board, but I’ll take your word for it. I respectfully disagree that the ergo is better, but neither is it better when CS pros play with their keyboard rotated 90 degrees vertically or with their eyes 1 inch from the screen. At the end of the day, To each their own. That’s the beauty of this whole hobby.

HoldmyPenguin t1_ix25zw6 wrote

I'm actually curious who has won a major tournament with a 40% do you have anyone that I could check out. I'm a FPS kinda guy and I don't think I've ever seen a 40% in any major tournament. I think someone in OWL used a split before.

LADiator t1_ix3b8eg wrote

I did see the split in owl but not the 40% lol

thebourbonoftruth t1_ix0kpf8 wrote

>boomer shooters that use Ctrl

Millennial shooters. Boomers didn't have computers let alone the internet growing up.

−5

RedditRaven16 t1_ix042dk wrote

I think it would be a decent mobile gaming keyboard, all the keys I regularly use when gaming are on it. Wouldn’t want it on my home Pc though

Coronadoisdead t1_iwz7t4a wrote

This is driving me nuts: what is the graphic on the return?

pieyum1 t1_iwzlmhf wrote

Emilia from re:zero?

sunfaller t1_ix56vhb wrote

I googled her and still cant figure out what that silhouette is.

pieyum1 t1_ix6atws wrote

She’s curled up in a ball, knees to her chest. Hard to make out because her design is quite complex and it isn’t obvious when it’s just a silhouette

Junt-Wic t1_iwz9ibu wrote

Oh, just some woman with wild hair folding herself into smaller squares.

DrDMoney t1_iwzddaw wrote

Naw, it's a alien predator hybrid thingy amogbaggor.

48-Cobras t1_ix0udeh wrote

I know it's supposed to be an anime girl, but all I see are her legs and maybe hair? Honestly, it looks more like a chimera to me.

reborn-2019 t1_iwzjzys wrote

Hmm I don't know how can I use this keyboard? I can't even type my name "David".

renderbenderr t1_iwzs0fc wrote

I think it uses key layers…. Idk man it seems people on here enjoy causing themselves pain

Kirball904 t1_ix2o3zh wrote

Every keyboard uses layers. It’s also meant to be a macro pad not a full keyboard. OP just put alphas on it.

uchuucowboy t1_iwzvhef wrote

and that shift key used as a spacebar... just degenerate

kshgrshrm t1_iwzeqqz wrote

Not enough keys to play DotA on this smh my head.

Loaaf t1_ix1f1n7 wrote

homeboy was like “i don’t need the letter C but i’ll be damned if i don’t have multiple of each number”

QWERKey-UK t1_iwzdmg8 wrote

I'd love one of those purely as a macropad.

Kirball904 t1_ix2o817 wrote

That’s it’s purpose.

QWERKey-UK t1_ix2ouwk wrote

I know... should have been more specific. With relegendable caps as a photoshop and premiere macropad.

Swizzel-Stixx t1_iwz9e7g wrote

Is the case 3d printed? Methinks I see layer lines

Plutus77 t1_iwzen6g wrote

My WoW addiction could never 😂 I need all the key binds

Kirball904 t1_ix2o5ig wrote

Everyone says they need the keys until they actually don’t have them. Then they learn they never needed them at all.

TopGunCrew t1_ix0a38s wrote

It’s not even the full QWERTY layout. Just QWERT

p1mrx t1_ix0a80y wrote

Sa s estest!

Errorpheus t1_ix0bokx wrote

This one weird trick will make her QWERT

...I apologize for my brain

divi8 t1_ix1lcfv wrote

That seems impractical, even unusable, missing half of the alphabet. Whats the point?

cryingosling t1_iwzecn1 wrote

Koponewt t1_iwzgn9b wrote

There was a group buy for the board in the Finnish Mechanical Keyboard Community by the designer, it recently shipped which is why these were posted in quick succession.

cryingosling t1_iwzgx0u wrote

ahh got it! all of the comments i saw seemed like it was a very DIY; "i found this github and did this!" type vibe. so that's why i was surprised to see it back to back lol

gorgeous_hybrid t1_ix0iady wrote

There was a group buy?! Dang, I thought it was a DIY type thing too. Was going to ask about some type of purchase because I'm not about to buy 5 PCBs to make my own, nor do I have a laser cutting machine for acrylic or 3D printer to make a case.

Kirball904 t1_ix2oheu wrote

PCBs are pretty cheap though. You could probably find 4 people to cover the cost of the others. Finding someone that 3D prints or has a laser cutter wouldn’t be too difficult either.

Vicrooloo t1_iwzfplr wrote

Wow. That custom Emilia ISO enter is nice

powersola t1_iwzijeo wrote

Except it's missing most keys... No practical use

Kirball904 t1_ix2ocpu wrote

It fits is purpose as a macro pad perfectly. It’s not intended to be your main keyboard.

WrennAmethyst t1_ix3sklm wrote

I would use it to replace a coworker's keyboard as a joke.

i-hoatzin t1_iwzivns wrote

What an excellent idea! I guess the design is very helpful for some people.

_Mr_Ken_ t1_ix0ha7n wrote

Stunning, but what do you do with this keyboard? I’m curious.

Honknytes t1_ix0iakl wrote

i swear everyone is taking one handed keyboards too far💀

WinDestruct t1_ix0nhvo wrote

It's great for typing "dead", "sad", "ease", "dread', "ear", "fear" etc.

Shidoshisan t1_ix0ve41 wrote

Here come the comments of people who actually believe you can only type the letters shown on the caps. Smh

TerrinPS t1_ix0x6zn wrote

I don't get these haha. They look cute but not exactly functional.

Kirball904 t1_ix2o7a9 wrote

It’s a macropad. Not meant to be a replacement for your keyboard.

Tarw3y t1_ix147m5 wrote

Were are te rest f te es

gstandard00 t1_ix1d2ii wrote

when 40% wasnt enough torture...

RottenderRudolf96 t1_ix1o433 wrote

Nah, hard pass for me, its basically absolutely unusable when it comes to normal everyday typing. I can't even type my own name with such a small keyboard where half the letters of the alphabet are missing. It's as big (or small) as a regular 60% Keyboard but with half the functionality.

Not gonna jump on this trend

Kirball904 t1_ix2oekr wrote

It’s not meant to be a normal everyday keyboard. It’s a macro pad and as far as macro pads go it’s huge.

This-Eggplant-6653 t1_ix1way5 wrote

How is it every time a smaller than 60% keyboard gets posted here the comments are FULL of people going “this is unusable you can’t even type L or ;! What do you do?!”

How does the enthusiast subreddit for keyboards not know how keyboards work? Baffling

Kirball904 t1_ix2olf5 wrote

This has not been the enthusiast subreddit for a long time now.

Shabroon t1_ix1yd0e wrote

Nightmare fuel

Numerous_Piper t1_ix263wk wrote

How does this layout work? I'm quite interested. I hurt my right hand sometimes ago and it gets quite painful to type with it for extended periods of time. Delegating it to macro use would be much preferable.

Kirball904 t1_ix2onyo wrote

It’s a macro pad with alphas keycaps on it. I’m sure with enough dedication you could learn to use it with layers but it’s not intended to be a full keyboard.

jesterc0re t1_ix2etio wrote

The title should be:

Sa s estest!

hbarcellos t1_ix3tanv wrote

How do you type on that?

Tiksua t1_ix0mch1 wrote

thanks for giving hope

flecom t1_ix23p7b wrote

Atast1 00g 0ard

Cirillion t1_ix2890n wrote

The end button got me but I love this!!

No_Muffin6385 t1_ix28gwr wrote

There's no space in there, literally lol

sendai t1_ix2s1fj wrote

Aww, I thought someone had made a Dvorak left hand only keyboard, but it’s just a macroboard.

inzaree t1_ix2u94t wrote

What cant be said about your hoodie