Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Rehberg t1_ixw6yzl wrote

Ok, those keycaps are insanely good. **He says as he drinks his snobly made coffee

HaywireVRV t1_ixwav63 wrote

Pour over

b_a_w_b OP t1_ixwcafn wrote

you're going to jail! (jk)

HaywireVRV t1_ixwemb5 wrote

The key caps look good! Goals right there. Where did you get them?

b_a_w_b OP t1_ixwfe0z wrote

From Kono store. I joined group buy in January and got it recently so grab a set while it's still in stock!

Rehberg t1_ixwi6k3 wrote

Locally sourced beans, ground in a burr grinder to the perfect size, then put in my special custom cup with the right temperature of water to bring out my preferred flavour. Then I let it sit for a few minutes to soak and bring out the best flavour. Usually I just use a French press with my beans, but it's the weekend, and have been a long day. Needed a good cup.

amuro_rei t1_iy1syjh wrote

freshly roasted at the local shop every morning and grinded for the double shot and extracted as espresso at home. with the golden crema on top it's simply delicious and great way to start a day I'd say! 😉

no need a good cup. Just an ordinary double walled espresso cup will do just fine!

george-its-james t1_ixz22ba wrote

So you're just cupping?

Rehberg t1_ixz6ncz wrote

Depends on the day. I have a French press for when working, so I can take it to my desk. On the weekends I use my pour over, mocha pot, or my single cup with insert. Depends on time and plans.

definitelynotafreak t1_ixw4xfo wrote

Nice, feels very warm and cozy. This would be great for a furnished wood setup.

b_a_w_b OP t1_ixwbwmp wrote

im waiting for some espresso-themed cable for my PC then I will post the whole set up. Stay tuned! :)

cadnights t1_ixwgipl wrote

Noctua fans?

b_a_w_b OP t1_ixwgovp wrote

Noctua-theme PSU cables ;) Apparently looking well with the Espresso keycaps!

pabloescobyte t1_ixwd221 wrote

Brown is an underrated colorway IMO. Reminds me a lot of SA Chocolatier though this is definitely my preferred set as I love coffee.

Looks great with your desk too!

b_a_w_b OP t1_ixwg5ev wrote

Indeed. I have that SA chocolate too, but Espresso is my end game in the brown theme. :)

decadentrebel t1_ixxqvgw wrote

Not crapping on the thread, but the flex photos people have been posting of their Espresso doesn't seem to capture the gradient effect that the renders promised. Lighting issue, perhaps?

b_a_w_b OP t1_ixxs3b9 wrote

That's fair. The gradient in real life is indeed not as good as the renders, especially the middle row, which is a little disappointed to me.

rhoark t1_ixwnhq5 wrote

I, too, have espresso on my keyboard

blackbirdrisen t1_ixxd6l0 wrote

I would do terrible things to have this in a matcha latte colorway, and I've never even used a mechanical keyboard before. Beautiful.

b_a_w_b OP t1_ixxdz7r wrote

I think Osume has great matcha theme and their caps quality is decent, but unfortunately it's out of stock atm.

mint_eye t1_iy0dj6d wrote

Reminds me of Werthers originals and espresso candy

brudyGuitar t1_ixwsyzv wrote

They look so good.

b_a_w_b OP t1_ixzjro4 wrote

Indeed :)

brudyGuitar t1_iy1h8fr wrote

Pricey little buggers, but man they look amazing. Too bad I popped for a new board last night (mega65) and some oil kings or I'd be all over these. We'll see if there are any left in a few weeks. I'd need a board where these would match then too - what a black hole this hobby is.

Kei_Mxttens t1_ixwwtg9 wrote

This looks really neat and I love the colors

[deleted] t1_ixx2etk wrote

I just love the idea of having gradient from light (top) to dark (bottom). Also goes along with wooden table very well.

b_a_w_b OP t1_ixziru6 wrote

Yea me too. Though, the gradient is a bit disappointed compared to the renders honestly.

PathCalm4647 t1_ixxtv05 wrote

Looks like a plate of chocolate desserts. Dibs on the space bar!

amuro_rei t1_iy1t46x wrote

Looks fabulous!

Sadly I won't be able to use it on my office keyboard even if I get 'em.

b_a_w_b OP t1_iy1tnyc wrote

why not bring your own keyboard to the office?

amuro_rei t1_iy1tz49 wrote

This is my keyboard I use at the office. 😉

after breaking two Logitech silent rubber dome keyboards I asked our IT department to purchase this keyboard from a firm in UK.

Dooleyz t1_ixwp0lu wrote

Gorgeous! Which kits did you order the Alphas and Novelties or some of the others? Also I'm new to ordering group buy kits and can't seem to find those keys on any of the EU sites. Any advice?

b_a_w_b OP t1_ixx9q1j wrote

I got Alphas, TKL, Specialties, and Novelty. But for mine i don't need Specialties at all so the other 3 are enough for 60-70% keyboards.

Dooleyz t1_ixyb4sr wrote

Thank you kind person. 👌🏾which switches have you got and did you go for hot swappable with the K12?

b_a_w_b OP t1_ixzk087 wrote

Yea I got the swappable K12 and currently using lubed Gateron yellow switches (soon to be swapped with Ramaworks Duck Switches).

Dooleyz t1_iy0ftyd wrote

Ahhh awesome thank! I’ve not had a chance to check out the Ramaworks duck switches. I’ll have a look. Are the espresso caps still available or back on a group buy do you know?

b_a_w_b OP t1_iy0iajz wrote

Yea still available on Konostore.

codexcdm t1_ixwuhtf wrote

That's like, the perfect colorway for working on a walnut table. Just fits so well.

heygos t1_ixxbeop wrote

Beautiful, love those caps.

But it would cost me over $200 because…Ergo. Siiigh. But it’s soooo niiiice!

b_a_w_b OP t1_ixxdvd0 wrote

I know, the price :( but yea i love the color as much as i love espresso :)

heygos t1_ixxewbx wrote

I am in that same boat. Plus I need some caps for my new board. Sets wallet on fire 🔥

b_a_w_b OP t1_ixzk874 wrote

honestly I have 2-3 sets of caps and this is almost my end game since I'm very happy with the look now. I think this set is worth it so grab one while it's still in stock. I think coffee-themed caps are rare and this set is probably one of a kind.

heygos t1_ixzmxhm wrote

I saw one set a while back and missed out. Didn’t make the same mistake here. It’s in the way.

b_a_w_b OP t1_ixzp7za wrote

Nice congrats! Could it be the Chocolatier set last time you saw?

heygos t1_ixzu7qn wrote

Had to Google but yeah that’s the one. Always find “chocolatier” sets. But hey, got my cocoa set now and I’m happy.

b_a_w_b OP t1_ixzwr7i wrote

Yea I have that SA chocolatier set too but Espresso is obviously another level. :)

Lindisl t1_ixy2xo9 wrote

Your table made it even better.... damn beautiful.

kilogears t1_ixy3c2o wrote

How many grams in, out, and seconds?

kaizer419 t1_ixy5fv4 wrote

We have the same color of keycaps, except mine was spilled by a coffee 😅

Schnabulation t1_ixz3pni wrote

DUDE, as I home barista I absolutely LOVE these keycaps. But let me guess: no ISO-CH kit?

b_a_w_b OP t1_ixzjiyq wrote

there is actually, if I understand you correctly. I'm not a barista but have an espresso machine at home and one of the best purchases in my life.

https://preview.redd.it/vt9gam1vek2a1.png?width=756&format=png&auto=webp&v=enabled&s=213dd029a339633921b24e692628bc5329a53cc7

Schnabulation t1_iy47199 wrote

I‘ve seen this. Sadly the Swiss layout is different to every other ISO layout…

Bups34 t1_ixz5au8 wrote

Where can I get this for my k2!!

b_a_w_b OP t1_ixzjkpb wrote

Kono Store. Get it while still in stock.

Bups34 t1_ixzjzrp wrote

Thanks man, don’t think I can justify 100 dollar key caps

MOLDY_BREADR0LL t1_iy1n77a wrote

You better have MX Browns in there.

amuro_rei t1_iy1t8hz wrote

My office keyboard has the genuine Cherry MX Brown with SA keycaps although it's rather ordinary looking retro IBM beige. 😅

b_a_w_b OP t1_iy29gni wrote

Actually using Gateron Yellow switches and soon to be swapped with Ramaworks Duck Switches. :P