Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

retro3dfx t1_iwbw6nj wrote

There's numerous people reporting the same problem. Just by having an ARM CPU doesn't make it immune. You still have to provide ESD and surge protection circuitry on all data, power and ground nets of the PCB. It sounds like it was either designed incorrectly, or skipped all together.

MetalHivemind t1_iwc79ya wrote

Afaik, it was designed with it. There's MANY others that apparently don't have this issue, like myself. I have 2 PCBs from them. It's cold af where I am right now. Dry air, carpeted room. ESD heaven. No issues so far. I'm not saying ESD didn't kill theirs, but there's no widespread issue. Defective parts happen.

LASERman71 t1_iwc1a0c wrote

There's numerous people reporting the same problem with pretty much any other board...

While all your "keeb build stream gurus" still showing you to handle PCB's w/o any precautions... but of course whole community jumps onto maker...

−3

RaptorJesusLOL t1_iwc6tlt wrote

Lol, no there aren’t. This is not normal. Nor is your white knighting a company making expensive defective keyboards.

LASERman71 t1_iwca6xx wrote

They are - do some search .

Never said this is normal. Those incidents are surely not normal occurrence, but Jumping to conclusion without professional investigation just proves your ignorance. No pro will make such conclusion just because "numerous people" managed to damage their boards.

And this has nothing to do with the maker - the typical childish mantra of accusing me to somehow covering for the company just disqualifies you from further conversation.

−4

RaptorJesusLOL t1_iwcf4pm wrote

Paragraph after paragraph of you defending a keyboard maker’s products dying from ESD by touching the keycaps is hilarious, please keep going!

retro3dfx t1_iwcgzhd wrote

Take a picture of the ESD protection ICs on the data lines going from the switch rows and columns to the MCU.

LASERman71 t1_iwchq1q wrote

I think you put your comment in wrong thread.

retro3dfx t1_iwcrca2 wrote

Nope, it's the correct one. It was rhetorical and you totally didn't get it. ;)

LASERman71 t1_iwcs7vw wrote

Because it makes no sense not relevance whatsoever.

−1