Submitted by Accountant-Due t3_z3scbt in MechanicalKeyboards

I just opened up the Feker Alice 80.

It's a good keyboard but with one slight problem.

Bought it from whatgeek.com for $116. Cheaper than amazon.

Has the gateron yellow pro switches. Did think about the Feker matcha switches but it was a little more expensive and likely would be worse in quality than gateron.

It is a very solid keyboard. Well built with good heft to it. But it is also pretty heavy and so I don't see it being portable at all outside of the house. Also it is difficult to fit into a portable case.

There are no secondary labeling on the keys, like for bluetooth pairing or to explain anything. So you need to use the manual for reference. When I first tried to get it working it was stuck in a navigation mode so I couldn't type a password, and I had to reference the manual on how to exit nav mode.

Lights are fine.

Biggest problem AFAIKT is the placement of the windows key. It is to the right of the spacebar. I end up hitting it by accident because it turns out that I mainly use my left thumb for space. There's no reason to put the windows key there. It could be to the left of the spacebar and right of CTRL, like all other keyboards.

Comments