Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

herbmatt1903 t1_ixv5bep wrote

Looks great! P.S. You can remove the Royal Kludge logo with a regular rubber (eraser), it just takes a bit of work but it'll come off without affecting the paint finish at all. Worth it if you'd prefer a logo-less look

RiderInNature OP t1_ixv7oug wrote

This was first thought, to remove the logo, but I was afraid that I will damage the paint.

trashem349 t1_ixvgx38 wrote

I have the same keyboard, nice choice! the outermost frame can pop off with light pressure (intentionally) - I just put it on backwards so the logo faces away from me instead of trying to figure out removing it. it works well enough for me, I usually forget it’s there!

Svxyk t1_ixxhpn4 wrote

I have the rk68, it's also a great keyboard unmodded though the spacebar is a bit hollow

RiderInNature OP t1_ixyw6n9 wrote

Nice, initially I was interested in a smaller form but going from full size to rk68 seem too drastic to me.

peanut_butter_lover4 t1_ixw42su wrote

I probably wouldn't do it until after the return period is up (assuming you ordered from Amazon. I don't think RK really have any kind of warranty after that).

I've purchased two RK keyboards—the first one had a dead switch within a month and it had soldered switches. The second one was completely dead on arrival.

RiderInNature OP t1_ixwjuww wrote

Sad to hear that you had such bad experience with RK. I have to look if I have a warranty.