Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

dimensiation t1_iy4ubsw wrote

Love the idea and the colors are great.

I want my original 4 expansions as novelties, and would take all of the pre-cycle sets if it were an option. I don't recognize all of the newer symbols and want Arabian, Antiquities, Legends, and The Dark for my F5-F8.

Thank you for using the original mana symbols. Those are amazing in their current form.

I do want these. I do not know that I would be able to commit to the cost. :/

SpikedSynapse OP t1_iy4ypsy wrote

I understand. We decided to do the most popular magic sets from the earlier years of magic. I do am an Arabian, Antiquities, Legends, and The Dark player. I also played a lot of Ice Age too.
As far as price, we are breaking this set into kits in order to keep the price down for each kit. You only need to order what you what you want.

dimensiation t1_iy53muu wrote

Do you have estimated prices for each part of the set?

SpikedSynapse OP t1_iy53y8s wrote

I am waiting on that too. Im hoping it will be on par with other infinikey sets, or just a little more because of the licensing fees.

dimensiation t1_iy54epo wrote

I've never done a GB; is there somewhere I can see infinikey GB prices?

SpikedSynapse OP t1_iy5gp0g wrote

I think the 808Boom GB had prices on their page. here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=106428.msg2905575

Now this is an older groupbuy through the key company, and this is running through Clackeys

dimensiation t1_iy5hlgp wrote

That one had a larger base kit, for $100. I don't know if the LOTR would be similar, since that also had some add-on kits and had a base price around $100 I think.

SpikedSynapse OP t1_iy5i08s wrote

yeah its about economy of scale when you are dealing with drop. Us smaller designers cannot compete with them on price.

concentus7 t1_iy6mo1r wrote

Technically, the original sets didn't have a set symbol, so yeah. Symbols were assigned retroactively.

dimensiation t1_iy7uz2v wrote

You mean the base sets like alpha and beta? They never had a symbol. All the expansions did.