Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

QWERKey-UK t1_j0ip0c8 wrote

​

There is literally nothing I hate about my favourite board, which is why it's my favourite :)

Cobertt t1_j0jc2tk wrote

Literally same, what board is your favorite btw?

QWERKey-UK t1_j0k7ebc wrote

My Matrix 1.2OG. I love the hard edges... the industrial look to the back, it's old skool green PCB and I love the way it feels. I just type really well on it. I think it's the lower typing angle... it just feels right.

Cobertt t1_j0kwm52 wrote

1.2OG is a super cool board. One of the few matrix designs that I do like. Good choice. Were you able to pick up any extra PCBs from the Hoodrow buy?

QWERKey-UK t1_j0kxp3o wrote

I'm afraid not, no. I kinda like the janky old green one though... it's... well, OG :) Plus I heard it can be made QMK compatible... just never looked into it. The longer I have the board though, the more I like it just the way it is :)

Cobertt t1_j0kxv9g wrote

That’s my only worry with older boards that I have is PCBs. Luckily most of my older boards use Hiney pcbs and there are tons of those.

QWERKey-UK t1_j0ky757 wrote

It's the risk you take. I worry about my Amiga 4000 for the same reason, or other old tech I have. I'm careful with it all, and it's all stored well. The board is just a baby compared to some of the old boards I have, and there all still going strong. :)

KonkeyDongIsHere t1_j0iu09q wrote

I hate that it ruined all other keyboards for me

AutoModerator t1_j0imuh4 wrote

Hi, it appears you may be new to this subreddit! Please check out the wiki for general information about mechanical keyboards and consider posting questions in the daily sticky post at the top of the subreddit for any smaller questions. Be sure to also read the rules before posting or commenting.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

NomDePlume007 t1_j0io9bj wrote

My favorite keyboard is probably a Keychron Q6 ANSI, but... I really should have gotten a knob version. I mapped three keys as Volume +/- and mute, but that's a pain when it comes to changing volume on the fly.

So, I'm typing this on a Q9 ANSI (with knob) and cussing every time I have numbers to type.

NatureAndArtifice t1_j0v4itl wrote

Have you tried a numpad layer?

NomDePlume007 t1_j0v5tqp wrote

I have that layer mapped, but it's not like the symbols light up, so I have to remember that A = 1, S = 2, D = 3, etc.

Not a big deal, it's just my first 40% board. I was aware of the tradeoffs going in, but retraining my typing to hit a two or three-key combo for each symbol or character is not a smooth process.

Dave-Alvarado t1_j0ipi70 wrote

Neither of my current daily drivers has a built-in USB hub. I would like at least one USB-A port on the keyboard since we use FIDO keys at work.

slparker09 t1_j0ixtcx wrote

I wish the Zoo65 came with different animals laser cut into the case.

The package has 12 stylistic animal faces printed on it, yet all the boards only have the dodo and fish.

It would have been awesome to have a different one for each color; or all of them on the back instead of all fish.

-Inquisitive t1_j0iybl7 wrote

My GMMK Pro double types like crazy and it doesnt matter how clean it is, how often I swap out switches for the offending characters, if I use Core vs QMK - it's maddening. But it was the most affordable pseudo premium 75% so it's what I got lol

Opsdude t1_j0jb8my wrote

I hate that my F XT doesn’t have an M101 layout.

I have both and I like the feel of the F more, but I do miss the ansi 101 layout.

miraclesno t1_j0ko80x wrote

I think it’s a pcb issue, but my Zoom65 had the backspace scratching against the inner paint of the top frame and getting stuck. Refitted the stab, loosened it, tried everything. Eventually ground the back points of the keycap so it would no longer scratch the paint, but it still gets stuck every blue moon if I hit it too hard in a certain way.