Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

QWERKey-UK t1_j0ip0c8 wrote

​

There is literally nothing I hate about my favourite board, which is why it's my favourite :)

Cobertt t1_j0jc2tk wrote

Literally same, what board is your favorite btw?

QWERKey-UK t1_j0k7ebc wrote

My Matrix 1.2OG. I love the hard edges... the industrial look to the back, it's old skool green PCB and I love the way it feels. I just type really well on it. I think it's the lower typing angle... it just feels right.

Cobertt t1_j0kwm52 wrote

1.2OG is a super cool board. One of the few matrix designs that I do like. Good choice. Were you able to pick up any extra PCBs from the Hoodrow buy?

QWERKey-UK t1_j0kxp3o wrote

I'm afraid not, no. I kinda like the janky old green one though... it's... well, OG :) Plus I heard it can be made QMK compatible... just never looked into it. The longer I have the board though, the more I like it just the way it is :)

Cobertt t1_j0kxv9g wrote

That’s my only worry with older boards that I have is PCBs. Luckily most of my older boards use Hiney pcbs and there are tons of those.

QWERKey-UK t1_j0ky757 wrote

It's the risk you take. I worry about my Amiga 4000 for the same reason, or other old tech I have. I'm careful with it all, and it's all stored well. The board is just a baby compared to some of the old boards I have, and there all still going strong. :)