Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Jordak_keebs t1_j1zxqn6 wrote

Your great-grandma is only 87?

Man I feel old. My last living grandparent is 99.

thibounet OP t1_j202ob7 wrote

Yeah my grandad is the oldest of her 7 children and my dad is the oldest top, and I’m the oldest as well. My grandad 70.

georgesorosbae t1_j21xbd7 wrote

My parents are in their early 70s, I’m in my early 30s, no children, all grandparents died before I was 8 years old. Have no idea what my great grandparents were even named

AverageOccidental t1_j247xep wrote

I have the same age difference with my parents, but somehow my great grand mother managed to survive until I was around 11 when she slipped off the toilet and broke her hip.

Man I didn’t realize it then how cool it was to be able to talk to my great grandma

Swizzel-Stixx t1_j217amk wrote

I feel old because my grandparents are almost the same age as their great grandparents, and I’m actually not that old either.

Arili_O t1_j21fqy0 wrote

My dad is 95. He was 21 years older than my mother but that's still really old lol

squickley t1_j21zgt9 wrote

If three generations in a row have their first kid by 25, then someone's a great grandparent by 75. Could be there at 60 if everyone has kids at 20, which is earlier than average, but hardly crazy.

VoyageursWitch t1_j22x5c6 wrote

Same, my grandparents are in their early-mid eighties and they only just became great granparents. My last great grandparent passed at 95 and that was a decade ago.