Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

rthee OP t1_j3opydp wrote

"First" new keyboard after 2 years of taking a break, somehow I got pulled back in!

I've been using splits and the last 2 years I have been using a Dactyl (Corne Layout) and recently been wanting something less DIY and something more "premium" feel with full aluminium case and a heavy case! Sadly not possible to get such thing in a Dactyl Manuform, so decided to look at other options, settled on a Alice/Arisu layout and the Q10 just happen to caught my eye.

Surprisingly the "downgrade" in ergonomics from a split to a Alice hasn't been too bad! Took me about a day re-adjusting myself to a non-columnar keyboard. I am loving the feel of a non-diy keyboard though much better feel and experience when typing on a non-3d printed case which has been my life for the last 4 years.

Pretty stock standard - got Yong Qui WOB and Durock T1s on it, feels pretty good for me already. Trying to not go back too deep into this rabbit hole again, just going to stay at the peripheral...

HerbalManic t1_j3p3j4a wrote

Just FYI keychron warranty service is super questionable. Having trouble with my Q3 and it's been super frustrating.

rthee OP t1_j3p5pqc wrote

Yes I have heard of that - hopefully nothing really goes wrong with it.

What is the issue with yours?

HerbalManic t1_j3p677v wrote

Keys are repeating. It’s not isolated to any one key, randomly happening for different keys. It's getting noticeably bad now around the six-month mark.

rthee OP t1_j3p6qk0 wrote

Ah ic - will have to keep an eye on it.

nts25 t1_j4rypd0 wrote

I'm having a similar problem, but the d key works maybe....3/4 of the time now. Trying to go through their support has been a huge pain. I sent in a video with their tester which dropped one "d" in ten over maybe 30 keystrokes. They said it wasn't enough and suggested I press the key in the middle of the keycap (lol). Are you having any luck?

HerbalManic t1_j4s5j2p wrote

No, it stopped repeating as frequently. Weird because I didn't do anything. I will keep using for now. However, I will not be buying their keyboards again that's for sure.

I am in Canada, but I purchased from keychron.com after like 10-15 emails they were like, oh we are keychron.ca - so contact this different email address. These guys don't realize how much business they are losing.

nts25 t1_j4s9x4z wrote

Damn, mine is getting worse. I'm so torn, I had another keychron before this one and it was really great. The wired an bluetooth connection options is basically a must because I have two computers (PC an laptop).

SimplyJosho t1_j3p0ynd wrote

Nice build! Welcome to the Q10 club!

[deleted] t1_j3piqjr wrote

A fellow user of the Elecom HUGE

nice

rthee OP t1_j3pivih wrote

haha yes - i tend to swap between the huge, mx ergo and the magic trackpad. Helps with any RSI developing.

FdlCstro t1_j3vzxf5 wrote

Love that it has two Bs because the B is usually on the wrong side for me in split keyboards

rthee OP t1_j3w2zlc wrote

Got to admit I never use the b with my right hand but I’m used to splits