Submitted by sumerof94 t3_11do045 in Music

Savage Garden was the one artist in my Walkman as a kid that used to be on loop, sad to see them walk away from such a promising musical journey. Ah well creative and personal differences kill the buzz sometimes I guess, did any of your favorite bands go extinct?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

CrassDemon t1_jaa4l6e wrote

fun.

Ok-Pressure-3879 t1_jacx42w wrote

I was so sad when The Format broke up so the lead singer could make fun. Its like double heartbreak with that singer.

[deleted] t1_jaaj7rl wrote

I saw them after they won all the Grammys but before they went extinct and they were one of the best concerts I’ve been to.

IfYouWantMeToIWill t1_ja9t16q wrote

Extinct might be a bit harsh, but The Postal Service is always one of my first thoughts when the subject comes up. It should be a crime to bust out one of the best albums in its genre and just…never do anything again.

NukeHand t1_jaae1qy wrote

Dead On TV, the original Orgy, Gravity Kills, Many Machines On 9, there are too many to name.

Peter_Easter t1_jaackla wrote

Submersed.

They were a promising hard rock band on a major label with a gig touring with Alterbridge in the mid-2000's, but because of the rapid decline of hard rock's mainstream popularity in the mid-2000's, they never got the success they deserved. They released only two albums before disbanding.

Fortunately, some of their members are still active. The lead guitarist and drummer are now in Tremonti, and the singer joined forces with the original band members of Tantric/Days Of The New to form the band, Blisskrieg. Submersed was awesome as a unit though, and I still miss 'em.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X-ebaVnD6W4

blageur t1_ja9u1jh wrote

Arc Angels. Great musicians, killer songs, and a unique 2 lead singers approach.

One and done.

Dreadzone666 t1_jaa8o1e wrote

Darren Hayes did have a few decent solo tracks iirc, but I don't think any hit the same heights as Savage Garden did.

WhoFan t1_jaahpuw wrote

Jet

Village Green

Bishop Gunn

The Redwalls

Take_My_JEJ t1_jadbjzz wrote

Envoi and Seconds Away are an excellent example.

[deleted] t1_ja9rjy0 wrote

[deleted]

−20

Kvothetheraven603 t1_jae4xc2 wrote

You may want to work on your reading comprehension skills. At no point did OP insinuate that this has only happened to Savage Garden. They simply stated that it happened to them and asked what favorite artists of others have disbanded.