Submitted by SlayerSam12 t3_11dalcx in Music

I want to listen to someone who pours their soul into their instrument. Preferably not someone with only one good song. I want an album I can listen to that has the emotion that a hendrix song has. Some music I already like is: Cream, Hendrix, B.B. King, Beatles, RHCP, Vulfpeck, Nirvana, Black Sabbath, and The White Stripes.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

mikeldmv t1_ja7qpkt wrote

Give the album I’ll Play the Blues For You by Albert King a listen. And Born Under a Bad Sign was a massive influence on Clapton, Hendrix, Santana, and SRV, most notably.

mehchu t1_ja7kc2z wrote

For feeling in a instrument I would recommend kind of blue - miles davis. Also a great intro to jazz.

The other way to find stuff is to look at influences, if you’re a nirvana fan try pixies - doolittle , who nirvana copy a lot for their biggest hits, or Swans - young god ep if paper cuts is your favourite nirvana song.

The other suggestions for emotion through soundscape would be Devin Townsend - ocean machine, and Godspeed you! Black emperor - lift your skinny fists like antennas to heaven(only if you’re open to different music)

Far-Space2949 t1_ja7o21e wrote

Jeff beck live at Hollywood bowl Eric Clapton nothing but the blues (saw this tour, this is ec at his best) Tedeschi trucks i am the moon Joanne Shaw Taylor nobody’s fool Marcus king el dorado

HullaballooWho t1_ja7pz1o wrote

Guthrie Govan - Erotic Cakes

Eddie Hazel - Games, Dames And Guitar Thangs

Nick Johnston - Remarkably Human

Grant Green - Idle Moments

Paco De Lucía - Fuente Y Caudal

Andy McKee - Art Of Motion

Greg Howe - Introspection

Also you should try out Buckethead. He gets an unfair bad rap for being a "shred" guitarist and too "robotic" by those who have barely dived into his absolute gargantuan discography. Truth is, he has way more substance and diversity than laypeople first realise. Here are some standouts (some albums will have leftfield shreddy parts but keep in mind that it's all part of the tapestry Buckethead has woven to be taken as a whole):

Colma

Electric Tears

Population Override

The Elephant Man's Alarm Clock

Decoding The Tomb Of Bansheebot

The Dragons Of Eden

A Real Diamond In The Rough

Shadows Between The Sky

Captain Eo's Voyage

Left Hanging

Look Up There

Electric Sea

Buckethead Pikes #13

Worms For The Garden

Pearson's Square

Rise Of The Blue Lotus

Twisterland

Coat Of Charms

Pike 43

Monument Valley

Pitch Dark

Claymation Courtyard

Footsteps

Hold Me Forever (quite possibly his magnum opus)

Pike 78

Listen For The Whisper

Northern Lights

Passageways

Project Little Man

Elevator

Tucked Into Dreams

Down In The Bayou Part One

Heaven Is Your Home

Buildor

Drift

Coupon

The Five Blocks

Waterfall Cove

Blank Slate

Poseidon

The Squaring Of The Circle

Lazy-Lawfulness3472 t1_ja88qde wrote

Try the blues-some Muddy Waters, T Bone Walker, Freddie King, BB King, Albert King, Robert Cray...you'll love it if you give it a chance.

PricelessLogs t1_ja8u2ex wrote

Purest emotion I've heard on an album was Weather Systems by Anathema. It's not entirely similar to the stuff you say you like but it's not that far off

swiperjo t1_jaaqi2h wrote

I would really suggest the strokes, the voidz, Mozart mgmt, two door cinema club, foster the people, and vampire weekend. It won’t disappoint.