Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Counting-Trains t1_jdgqp7n wrote

adam duritz from counting crows.

-adam’s words in song are just far too incredible to not fully acknowledge:

“all at once you look across a crowded room / to see the way that light attaches / to a girl” - a long december

“if dreams are like movies, then memories are films about ghosts” - mrs potters lullaby

“and the price of a memory is the memory of the sorrow it brings” - also mrs potters lullaby

“and I keep thinking tomorrow is coming today, so I am endlessly waiting.” - st. robinson in his cadillac dream

“step out the front door like a ghost into the fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white” - round here

“all the regrets you can’t forget / are somehow pressed upon a picture / in the face of such an ordinary girl” - hard candy

“some chick yells Jesus loves me more than I know but less than I need” - John Appleseed’s Lament

“in beds in little rooms / in buildings / in the middle of these lives / which are completely meaningless” - perfect blue buildings

“at seventeen, had a better dream, now I’m thirty-three and it isn’t me,” - all my friends

“and he seems so close as he reaches out his hand / but we are never quite as close, as we are led to understand” - when I dream of michelangelo

“the color of anything, fades in the air, / she is the film of a book of the story, of the smell of her hair.”

-these aren’t even close to all of adam’s incredible lyrics through the years with CC. just truly remarkable as a lyricist/songwriter; def one of the greatest of all time and most under appreciated/underrated of those individuals imo.