Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

cynical_genx_man t1_je1lj89 wrote

Well, if you mean listening as in listening (i.e.paying attention to things like time signature, how the different instruments interact with each other, melody vs rhythm, close-listening to lyrics), then perhaps no more than 2 hours per day -- because this takes dedication.

If you mean listening as in just hearing, then from the time I wake up to the time I am out cold, anywhere from 10 - 14 hours per day.

The first lesson in a research project is to be as unambiguous about your topic, provide a simple question, include a clear definition of terms, list specific things you'd like to measure, and provide some sort of hypothesis (with a null if possible) that you are trying to test.

Otherwise you'll get answers that are often more confusing than helpful, and probably won't get any actual meaningful data. Or even worse, you'll need to "interpret" the data which opens up error and can invalidate your entire project.

Sorry for the lecture, but you should learn this for future endeavors.

Unusual_Ad9770 t1_je1lxcm wrote

Wait so how long?

cynical_genx_man t1_je1m273 wrote

I see reading and comprehension aren't your strong points ...

Unusual_Ad9770 t1_je1mge4 wrote

Nah but the question was asking for how long you listen to music not how long you hearing it!!

cynical_genx_man t1_je1mwuu wrote

Dude ... are you able to read English? Try going over that first paragraph again ... particularly the last bit.

After that, you may want to re-enroll in 3rd grade.

Unusual_Ad9770 t1_je1pzvu wrote

Dude did I really hit your ego that hard like all I asked was you how long you listen to music.

cynical_genx_man t1_je1qjm4 wrote

So, you ask a question for which there is a clear answer, and you think you've bruised my ego?

Boy, you really are dumber than a box filled with hammers, aren't you.

Look, if you're too stupid to be able to both read and understand what is written, it says more about you than you'll ever realize.

Just to be clear - you being stupid has not offended me, insulted me, or harmed my ego. I just find it very tedious to have to deal with insufferable morons like you. Now please, stop replying to me. You just go away and be your stupid self and leave me alone.