Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

dixadik t1_jczcbu9 wrote

Read your post title 3 times and I'm still trying to figure you what it is you are trying to do. What does 'better for me' exactly mean.

JohnW_LovesArson OP t1_jczd758 wrote

I like the sound of slowed down, pitched down music. That's what I mean, Sorry if it's unclear.

−2

[deleted] t1_jczdibx wrote

[deleted]

JohnW_LovesArson OP t1_jczedhg wrote

No I didn't, I said "do you have any websites that slow down audio affecting the pitch and the speed"

DevinBelow t1_jczf4xn wrote

I misread. I still don't get what you're trying to do though.

JohnW_LovesArson OP t1_jczlg4c wrote

It's alright. Let me re-phrase.
I want to slow down an MP3 from my downloads folder, and slow it down so the pitch is effected as well, generating a lower pitch effect. It's like with slow-mo videos, where voices sound very deep and the video is slowed down. I want to do something similar. I want to slow down music so the pitch falls. Most websites just stretch out the music, therefore not changing the pitch.

DevinBelow t1_jczb77e wrote

Please explain how you think you can slow something down without effecting it's speed. Just run through that logic in your head for a minute.

msbeal2 t1_jd15xtl wrote

I think he means the cohesiveness of the meter. 4/4 stays 4/4 at variable speeds. That’s my take. My Zoom recorder plays mp3 files at a range of speeds I choose so I can study the piece against it’s sheet music while it maintains pitches.

JohnW_LovesArson OP t1_jczd3na wrote

I said slowing something down affecting it's speed and it's tempo.

−1

DevinBelow t1_jczdq0s wrote

No you didn't. You said pitch and speed. It's right there. You can't slow something down without effectig the speed. It is impossible. In music "tempo" is speed, so saying "tempo and speed" is redundant. And you can't effectively effect speed without effecting tempo since they are the same thing.

JohnW_LovesArson OP t1_jczfbg0 wrote

No I didn't, my post said that i want to affect tempo (speed) and pitch.

chiefs_fan37 t1_jcznz6y wrote

Are you saying you like chopped and screwed music? Maybe there’s a program that does it automatically

JohnW_LovesArson OP t1_jczpucc wrote

Yeah, in a sense I do. I really like the effect that slowed down music gets but I can't find any websites which do that anymore

chiefs_fan37 t1_jczq4wi wrote

Perhaps you could import the audio file into something like audacity? I haven’t used it in awhile but I remember being able to slow the speed down and that would in turn drop the pitch as well

JohnW_LovesArson OP t1_jczqhwz wrote

Yeah, I've been using Audacity to do that exact thing but I'm looking for a website which does the same thing, as I like working on iPads and there isn't Audacity web.

chiefs_fan37 t1_jczr6le wrote

I’m sure there is a program or site out there that shouldn’t be too hard to use on an iPad. You certainly aren’t the first person who’s wanting to do that as there’s a whole genre surrounding it lol. Good luck I hope you find what you’re looking for!

msbeal2 t1_jd15537 wrote

The Zoom recorder offers this feature. (Adjusting speed yet maintaining pitch)

JohnW_LovesArson OP t1_jd23b8c wrote

I would like to make the pitch go down as the music is slowed down as well.

msbeal2 t1_jd5bes9 wrote

You realize you’ll no longer be able to recognize the melody. It would be similar to a slow shift between in-tune and out-of-tune.