Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

BostonDrivingIsWorse t1_je10f40 wrote

My favorite Zeppelin album

Salty_Pancakes t1_je1i9ag wrote

The Song Remains the Same followed by The Rain Song is one of my favorite one, two punches on an album.

BeaconRunner t1_je2folj wrote

Can you imagine rushing home from the record store, putting on the headphones, dropping the needle and hearing these two songs back to back for the first time?

ImpendingSenseOfDoom t1_je3ex10 wrote

Especially when their last album was their fourth album, featuring Stairway to Heaven amongst other iconic songs. Wondering how they could possibly follow that masterpiece, you drop the needle and hear that epic opening riff.

tristangough t1_je1855x wrote

It gives you the whole Zeppelin experience. I think maybe II is as good, but the breadth of styles on HOTH is greater.

LtRecore t1_je1r546 wrote

Same here. Over thills and far away is classic.

clozepin t1_je22ttd wrote

Same. The rare perfect album. No bad tracks. It did take me a little while to come around on No Quarter, but when it clicked, it clicked hard. That riff….

ainjel t1_je2rflr wrote

I argue that "The Crunge" is the turd in the punchbowl, but we'll allow it lol

raihidara t1_je34rwp wrote

The only song worse imo is Hats Off to Roy Harper. I'll never understand why they chose to put that on III instead of Hey, Hey, What Can I Do

clozepin t1_je33rq1 wrote

It probably has more sentimental value to me than anything. It does have a sort of funky feel to it. But mostly it’s quoteable and as kids we used to.

ainjel t1_je3aisq wrote

I mean, without it we wouldn't have "The Magic Number" by De La Soul, so I won't say it shouldn't have happened. ;)

night_dude t1_je421p7 wrote

I heard the Tool version first, so the riff hit me hard. Led Zep really understood the concept of "the drop."

Appropriate-Fix-1240 t1_je5ih2j wrote

Gotta say, thats true for pretty much every zeppelin album (hot dog is a good song too!)

RZAxlash t1_je1wag9 wrote

My favorite zeppelin album…this week,

user_173 t1_je1vho8 wrote

I want to say the same, but Led Zeppelin 2 is just so damned good. But this is definitely a masterpiece.