Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

jbartlettcoys t1_je2ztym wrote

My 63yo Dad is a huge Nick Cave fan. I (30m) also think he's awesome but don't listen all that much.

Once spent a night doing coke with one of his kids though so take that Dad.

itamarka t1_je362rp wrote

I need to hear this story and spare no detail

jbartlettcoys t1_je39vug wrote

Tbh that night doesn't have much of a story, or if it does I don't remember it. That period in my life though was pretty wild, I was like 15/16 and in a relationship with an awesome girl a year older than me, which at the time felt like an age.

My gf's friend group contained a number of celebrities' offspring (one of Mick Jagger's seemingly countless daughters among them) and another girl, "Emma Fakename" (without famous parents) who has gone on to star in Hollywood movies and been in relationships with A listers. Sidebar - the girls were super jealous of "Emma", because she was already modelling and stuff and because they all thought she was the hottest, which I never did. Time has arguably proven them right to be jealous though lol

I digress. "Emma" was in a relationship with one of Nick Cave's sons. I can also reveal, since you wanted no detail spared, that I remember her once bragging about his massive and "perfect" cock, so there's that. Another of the girls was also fucking him on the side and I've sometimes wondered in jest if it was Emma's bragging about his dick that drew the other girl in.

Anyway, I only properly met him once and I don't really remember much, I remember he was cool and that he looked a lot like his dad. I managed to get the coke delivered so I was the hero of the night. Nothing special about the night I'm afraid, I was definitely starstruck-once-removed though. Partly because I was a fan of his dad but also these kids were all older, richer and cooler than me and I was in over my head (as, it occurs to me now, they all were as well). We just spent the night, as usual, listening to music and doing lines.

A month or so later my gf dumped me and my foray into this weird world of rich girls was over. Never heard from any of them ever again. No regrets as far as I'm concerned, hopefully they're all healthy and happy.

MC-Onslow OP t1_je4kovc wrote

Ahh, the story you wish you could tell around the dinner table.

Theefreeballer t1_je4ufra wrote

I hope it wasn’t his son that died while he was on an acid trip. He fell off a cliff or something

Mike_Love_Not_War t1_je6qg5r wrote

That son was only 15 so probably not. He had another son who died last year so maybe him.

Theefreeballer t1_je6zijl wrote

Jesus really? Another son? How did he die? Edit: I looked it up, a cause of death was never announced , sounds like it was either drugs or suicide

Mike_Love_Not_War t1_je79t4d wrote

Yeah it’s pretty shit. He has two sons born a week apart from two different mothers in the early 90’s. One of them died last year. And he has twin boys with his current wife, one of whom died in 2015 from the fall off the cliff.