Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Paragon8384 t1_itv95w5 wrote

Prog & psych rock's been making a big resurgence since the early 2010s.

Poyo9 OP t1_itvau49 wrote

Sorry to tell you that prog and psychedelic rock aren't really that original to do now if I had to be honest and I think Greta Van Fleet had dropped out of the mainstream since after the late 2010's from what I've heard. Also I can't imagine it lasting past the older generation as well to add.

−1

Paragon8384 t1_itvdmor wrote

Well of course it isn't original to do, it's been around for quite some time now, but there are plenty of prog bands that rose to relevancy in the 2010s keeping the genre alive and they're still, slowly but surely, getting more popular, bands that are way proggier than Led Zeppelin Jr. And by older generation do you mean before millennials? 'Cause if not, I'd say millennials & gen. z are discovering prog left & right.

Poyo9 OP t1_itvgdus wrote

Hmm, that sounds cool, must just not be my school I guess, also what I meant was yeah any generation before millennial but yeah if that's true then that's cool

Paragon8384 t1_itvhbnu wrote

It's very cool. I also hear about more & more people my age (26) and younger discovering prog bands of the 70s too, more than just Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin & Rush. It may not be as prevalent as young folks listening to, say, pop rock, electronic rock, etc., but there is definitely a solid following of prog/psych rock developing in younger generations.