Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Jestinphish t1_iu4r12x wrote

Such an underrated songwriter and musician. I’ll upvote Warren anytime I see him.

yousyveshughs t1_iu4wo3m wrote

Everything that has ever happened is underrated

−55

thegonzojoe t1_iu4xrxz wrote

Zevon is pretty much the definition of underrated. He has a massive catalog filled with classics and certified bangers. But all most people know is “aaaWOOOOOO WEREWOLVES OF LONDON!”

dancin-weasel t1_iu51wiy wrote

My uncle loved Zevon and about 30 years ago went to see him live. Zevon started the show with “let’s get this over with” then did Warewolves of London. After it was done, Zevon said “ok. I’ll give the people leaving a minute to go.” Waited a full minute then started in with the rest of the show.

mc1120 t1_iu59gmh wrote

Haha...that's great. His humor was always on point, even when he knew he was a goner. Beautifully flawed human being in all the right ways.

etojtwopif t1_iu59t5p wrote

I wish artists at festivals did this.

[deleted] t1_iu5bp8d wrote

[deleted]

BishopGrisha t1_iu5zdcg wrote

I saw her earlier this month and “Call Me Maybe” is like the dead center of the set list now. Her following is dedicated, though, so everyone around us knew all the songs.

uncle_stinky t1_iu50oil wrote

“All the salty margaritas in Los Angeles,

I’m gonna drink ‘em up.”

Middcore t1_iu6gqs4 wrote

Worse. They don't even know Werewolves of London, they know the wretched Kid Rock song that samples it.

william_shartner t1_iu8ihcy wrote

I especially hate that song because it makes me think I'm going to hear Werewolves and then just pulls the rug out.

oryes t1_iu5mm6y wrote

Not if you believe that words have definitions