Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Speedking2281 t1_itl3abd wrote

>Ravage
>
>I was their bass player during the original Spectral Rider recording and I ended up going out on tour with them for The End of Tomorrow.

DUDE! Spectral Rider was released my last year of college (while also a pizza delivery driver). My friend got that CD from a record store (that had a good metal section). He let me borrow it. At the time, I was huge into making mix CDs of completely awesome songs for delivering pizzas. Spectral Rider (the song) was on that mix CD. Such an awesome mix of modern metal while being very old school sounding. I remember loving that CD though. I loved End of Tomorrow as well. Both Spectral Rider and End of Tomorrow were mainstays for me personally in terms of albums I would regularly listen to.

Sorry that things didn't go long-term or like you were hoping, but I really appreciate the bass work you put into Spectral Rider. I thought you guys were awesome. \m/ \m/

metbass t1_its3eiz wrote

Thank you! But I can't take credit for the recordings.

At that time the bass was being recorded by Eli and Nick. It was a timing issue of member changes.

I was mainly a live musician but I hope you got to see me play. There was a lot of flare I added. (Or at least I think) The tappy part of Spectral Rider could've been only heard live but I think it did add to the song not just my ego. (I suck at tapping)

I hope you guys still support them and I love Iron Will's album, it's sick and they just released The Worldwide Resistance in 21.

Thanks again for the support. If you want to hear more of my playing check out the Shroud demo, Crawl because you're worthless, and Voidbloom The Tongues of God. (None of it is like Ravage)