Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ted_cruzs_micr0pen15 t1_itt41kg wrote

Older millennial, Billy is great… she has that cagey angst, rises to her adversity, and delivers a message of positivity and self growth to her young fans. Not to mention the girl is smarter than hell. Just cause she collaborates with her brother doesn’t take away from her talent. Hearing her live will give you goosebumps, her voice is angelic. My girlfriend and I really vibe on her music.

kestrelkev24 OP t1_itt4bvz wrote

I guess my question is you say cagey angst but her music comes off as a whisper than a bang. Like, for me when I think angst i think loud, booming, like genuinely angry..I guess my question is what kind of angst would you say she portrays?

ted_cruzs_micr0pen15 t1_itt4h0u wrote

Does it matter that our perceptions on a sound are different. You asked my opinion lol, why do I need to convince you why I’m right… it’s art, it’s not a pissing contest.

kestrelkev24 OP t1_itt55h6 wrote

You don't have to. I'm not asking you to convince me but merely see things from your view. Understand what you see as angst.

ted_cruzs_micr0pen15 t1_itt5ijg wrote

Her lyrics are cagey, they’re clever… she talks a lot of anxiety and dread of social situations… hence angst.

The issue is you’re defining things improperly. Angsty =/= angry, it means a feeling of deep anxiety or dread, typically an unfocused one about the human condition or the state of the world in general.

Cagey angst pretty much sums her schtick up, that and the talent in her voice and songwriting.

kestrelkev24 OP t1_itt5ou3 wrote

I understand! Like what the mind wants to say but the situation couldn't allow?