Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

wildadragon t1_iy6r9aw wrote

Baby Shark.

ledouxrt t1_iy71d72 wrote

Don't forget "oh no, oh no, oh no, no, no..."

wildadragon t1_iy71mnb wrote

Yeah but that's in conjunction with TikTok and not on its own. That's from Remember(walking in the sand) 1964 by the Shangri-las, and it was fine until TikTok ruined it.

ledouxrt t1_iy75y1g wrote

I don't need a history lesson to know it rots my brain a little more each time I hear it.

−4

AGENT0F0BLIVI0N t1_iy6rh8e wrote

I think SoundCloud rap has proven to have done that.

silentscriptband t1_iy6s9b6 wrote

I don't know about rotting a brain, but depending on the song, the volume and how many times on repeat you hear it I'm sure it could have some psychologically damaging effects...

XandyDory t1_iy6wi8g wrote

This is the song that never ends...

ViktorVaughnVillian t1_iy6z67q wrote

Most mainstream music today is heavily sheltered and loaded with conditioning. The themes artists are allowed to peruse are strict and controlled. Watch 2Pac before he died talking about how people in the industry are influenced to peruse certain watered down themes and not be "too conscious" like older music was until it posed a threat. Music can bring people together and is our universal language. Just like every other medium of entertainment music is also heavily controlled because it can influence people to think for themselves and it is effective at posing ideals and influencing changes in mindset. This is not debatable. You either know and understand or buy the bullshit. Look at Hip Hop or should I say rap. Real Hip Hop has nothing to do with drugs, money and bitches and having material wealth and killing people with no substance. Who do you think controls the standards of the music industry?

ViktorVaughnVillian t1_iy7jkan wrote

Downvotes oh no my argument doesn't mean anything if people don't like it lmaooo

RC-8107 t1_iy7rp2d wrote

Mumble rap. All it is is people slurring like a drunk on bath salts about what they'd buy if they were billionaires.

Competitive_Vast9832 t1_iy6ro0j wrote

No mistakes in music will rot your heart, rot your lungs, rot your kidneys, rot your brain, cucarotcha.

flaccidObama t1_iy6st3c wrote

I love death metal, but if you listen to just pure death metal for too long, you will melt.

RC-8107 t1_iy7rkgt wrote

Can confirm. I spent an hour listening to Derhklok and now my eyeballs are on my chin

DJMoneybeats t1_iy76num wrote

Yes. It's called pop music. Fine in small doses but be careful. If that's all you listen to, your brain will surely rot.

czerpak t1_iy795cx wrote

Disco polo

having-four-eyes t1_iy6rnfy wrote

How about Hare Krishna?

Don't mean to offend these guys, but I don't think that signing just two words for a half of day is safe for mental health.

−1

DeadEyeMetal t1_iy7m9kr wrote

Yeh, but some death metal lyrics are even less creative.

DeadEyeMetal t1_iy7mc0t wrote

Seriously, a religious/spiritual chant is kind of pretty different to what most people would understand as "music".

Affectionate_Dot1028 t1_iy7853x wrote

Okay so yes anything by Meghan trainer is just terrible in my humble opinion :)

−3