Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Cyanopicacooki t1_iyc7wa9 wrote

I don't think anyone listens to the Lost Prophets these days.

Bangarang-Orangutang t1_iycaa82 wrote

I had a copied cd that a friend gave me and I still whipped that shit out the window when I heard about that crazy fuck. But I did really like Rooftops...

rolling_soul t1_iycc78b wrote

Some things you just can't get away from. Ian Watkins is a waste of a human.

Fluffy_Little_Fox t1_iycdwyw wrote

They were decent when they were making stuff like The Fake Sound of Progress, but then they switched to being an Emo band. Lol. Even without the allegations against Ian -- they were very mediocre and boring.

There's better bands out there.

Dredg, Minus the Bear, Fair To Midland.

EveSixxx t1_iycqkob wrote

So, first , I still listen to a couple of lostprophets songs. The memories I have associated with them have no connection to, don’t support or endorse and aren’t dictated by the evil that is their former singer. I don’t stream lostprophets or buy their music or anything that would generate revenue, so there isn’t that element either.

Second, if we start eliminating artists for crimes, you’ll have to stop listening to a lot of music . Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, Bowie, R Kelly, Jerry Lee Lewis, Sex Pistols, chuck berry, Vince Neil, the list goes on and on. Yes, the singer from LP is likely worse than all these people but it creates a slippery slope when we can’t disconnect an artist from the music.