Submitted by Budget_Ad9626 t3_z95fmv in Music

The artists I listen to most right now are Eminem, lil baby, Kendrick Lamar, Drake, 21 savage, Kanye west, j cole, nle choppa, polo g, and future. I am trying to find some similar artists in rap, and I am also trying to explore new genres, but haven’t found anything I really like so far in other genres, so any artist or song suggestions would be good. Thanks.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

DevinBelow t1_iyf5ieg wrote

Branch out into the stuff that influenced rap music. 60's and 70's funk like Funkadelic, James Brown, Sly and the Family Stone, Tower of Power, the Meters and such. Or based on your tastes, may even just explore earlier rap and go from there. Check out KRS-One, A Tribe Called Quest, Digital Underground, and stuff like that, then move backwards into the 60's/70's funk.

Naked_Lunge t1_iyf2mgt wrote

Try the Judgment Night sound track. Every song is a collaboration with hip hop/rap and rock artists. Maybe you’ll like something and be inclined to check out more of a particular rock artist/band’s work.

OdinDCat t1_iyf3gml wrote

Highly recommend Wrekonize as well as the group he's in, iMAYDAY!. Very strong and versatile rapper & singer with good flows and lyrics. iMAYDAY! does a ton of genre-bending so that'd be a good way to get some exposure to different genres while still remaining rap/hiphop-adjacent. They have rock-rap, reggae, soul, etc.

My personal favorite album of their's is Take Me to Your Leader, it's mostly hiphop/rock and fire all the way through. Very cohesive sounding album yet has a ton of different styles and sounds.

DarrylCornejo t1_iyf2aet wrote

Kool G Rap, Necro (their Godfathers collaboration was fantastic).

QuieteaI t1_iyf2l7s wrote

$not, sleepy hallo, for rap, some of their music like most of the artistson your list but it’s something new. If you haven’t, check out nu-metal and rock I switched my main genre to those two from rap a wile ago

lego_office_worker t1_iyf3gjh wrote

rap song i heard recently that i liked as a non rap listener: godfather pink - dillanponders, bvb

pop song: into my body - upsahl

rock: blackout - turnstile

pop: cool guy - girlhouse

ExternalPiglet1 t1_iyf3loi wrote

I've been checking out this UK jazz group, The Ezra Collective , this song features vocals from some cat I'm definitely going to try and hear more of.

Same album has a track featuring Sampa The Great , she lives up to her name. Both vocalists have the rap flow, yet with a real fresh ensemble of horns and percussion.

Password__Is__Tiger t1_iyfejkn wrote

Check out trappin in Japan (ryan celsius) on yt. Mixes rap hip/hop trap with low-fi and vaporwave.

iamsolow1 t1_iyfellv wrote

Check out “Sword Beach”

• Overlord

• Happy Pills

• Feelin it

• Steve McQueen