Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

[deleted] t1_j1igq42 wrote

Way back when I was in high school I listened to the Take Care album on repeat. Then I outgrew it and haven't listened to much of his stuff since. The only thing I really listen to that has him is Going Bad but I love the way it sounds in my car. I can't name one solo Drake song that's come out since ... Hold on We're Going Home?

There's definitely way better artists out there but everyone has their own style. Some people like his lazy style. My music tastes are all over the place so I really enjoy some creativity in my music.

Kootsiak t1_j1irzve wrote

That's fair. I don't mean to say there is nothing to his music or that it's wrong just to like the way music sounds to you. I try not to have any judgment for most genres and people liking what sounds like bad music to me, but I do get upset when people make mediocre artists into international, super rich celebrities. But many times that's just me being extra grumpy that day.

[deleted] t1_j1iu51l wrote

No, your words have merit. The most obscene and talentless individuals are often brought to the limelight. The Kardashians, although an easy one, are an example.

In my own opinion there's a big difference between a full band writing their own music, lyrics, and actually playing to be proficient versus someone such as Beyonce in 'Run the World (Girls)' who did absolutely nothing but sing what others wrote for her to a music track someone else made for her as well. That's why I usually opt for some lesser known indie bands and smaller metal bands. I remember listening to Wage War and Villain of the Story open for other artists before they were able to stand on their own. But I digress because I could discuss music all day! Lol