Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

NoOneCallsMeChicken t1_j4lcrub wrote

Who? Also, who?

crashspeeder t1_j4ls5ic wrote

For me it's more "Mayweather trained who? For what?"

I don't even like boxing, but have to admit that Mayweather is definitely talented. He's a boxing champion, and that's putting it lightly. You may or may not recall the rumors from 5 years back or so where he was assumed to be functionally illiterate. He's also known for walking around with bags full of cash.

DigNitty t1_j4luc63 wrote

Is he also the dude that parks his Bentley in handicap spots and just pays the fines, laughing at people who call him out on it and gets his entourage to make you go away?

crashspeeder t1_j4lxg1m wrote

It's possible, but I don't recall hearing any of that. It wouldn't surprise me, though, since he doesn't mind being the bad guy. He's just really self-conscious about the illiteracy thing.

bigbrofy t1_j4mqj5z wrote

I heard he can’t read, so maybe that’s the problem.

Evaldi t1_j4nnn0x wrote

Definitely can't read traffic signs.

jd451 t1_j4lylz1 wrote

>He's a boxing champion, and that's putting it lightly.

Mayweather is such a great boxer that he can beat up women and dodge the court cases similarly to how he dodged the Pacqiuao for several years.

The guy can taut his record all he likes but his cherry picked victories mean nothing to people who actually care about boxing being a competitive sport.

crashspeeder t1_j4m1h2b wrote

Fair. Listen, I don't care for the man nor the sport. That's good context, though. I was merely providing what limited info I had to the uninitiated.

Hellright t1_j4li4nq wrote

You’ve never heard of Floyd Mayweather?

…chicken.