Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Karl_Marx_ t1_j42jvt0 wrote

LMAO. Thanks for the wall of text.

You found 6 artists that listened to a one hit wonder, she should be in the hall of fame!

In no way is Kate Bush good enough to be in the hall of fame.

All music influences other music. But Kate Bush is far from a legendary artist. She exists, made a hit, and that is it. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't kid yourself when there are clearly better artists (many listed in this thread) that should actually be in the HOF.

If Kate Bush qualifies for the HOF, so does Len. Because Steal My Sunshine definitely influenced a hand full of artists right? Laughable.

−7

ValoisSign t1_j42ni0c wrote

Running Up That Hill really isn't her only hit. Pretty much every single she released went at least top 50 in the UK and she's had a few number ones (Wuthering Heights, Cloudbusting). She also featured on Games Without Frontiers and Don't Give Up which were hits for Peter Gabriel. I really like her, but it's fair not to of course.

Disco_Volante137 t1_j43brxz wrote

yeah she shouldn’t be in the hall of fame. But because the hall of fame sucks. Kate is a legendary artist

topflight8000 t1_j4325fg wrote

Don't feel bad about the downvotes. I'm right there with you. I'm 34 and have been a HUGE fan of the 80's since elementary school. Never heard of Kate Bush or "Running up that Hill" until Stranger Things. Definitely shouldn't be in the Hall of Fame.

−2

PunkRey t1_j43j3yt wrote

Who am I gonna trust? David Gilmour and a plethora of musicians who have adored her for years or the dude on Reddit who never heard of her because she wasn’t on a Radio Disney Kid Jams CD?

topflight8000 t1_j44gp9h wrote

She has had less influence on rock and music in general than L7 and Shonen Knife (who are STILL releasing bangers), as largely unknown as they both are.

Not even a huge Type O Negative fan, but even I recognize that a deep-track band like them has had more influence than Kate Bush.

Running up that hill was literally her only hit, and it wasn't even a BIG hit until Stranger Things integrated the song into a popular storyline in 2021.

−1

PunkRey t1_j44gzf6 wrote

L7 and Shonen Knife largely unknown? Running up that Hill is Bush’s only hit?

Now I know you’re just being daft but I can’t tell if it’s on purpose.

topflight8000 t1_j44i101 wrote

Oh give me a break. NO ONE knows who L7 and Shonen Knife are unless they're a grunge head, and a DEEP TRACK grunge head at that.

Look at the first 20 "top hits of the 80s" playlists on YouTube and I doubt Kate Bush would be on a single one. If she is, it's going to be "Running up that Hill" AND it will have been added to the playlist AFTER Stranger Things, because no one knew who she was pre-Stranger Things. Her name was never mentioned before 1 year ago

−2