Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

941JJO t1_j6dxpiw wrote

Didn't see it in person but Oliver Shane Hawkins absolutely delivered during his fathers tribute show.

blankpaper_ t1_j6ccbk7 wrote

Lady Gaga performing Dope at the YouTube Music Awards. She was already going through a bunch of shit and then her management team fired her right before this performance

Cuntalicous t1_j6d2glr wrote

There’s a lot I can think of, but I think the most surprisingly emotional one would be Corey Taylor of Slipknot performing snuff live in London.

Originally it was about a relationship, but not long after the song was recorded, the bassist for Slipknot, Paul Gray, overdosed and died. Ever since then, it’s been associated with him for the most part.

https://youtu.be/QBK6xymmKHM

reallystrangetimes t1_j6e1mn5 wrote

Wilson sisters Stairway to Heaven, rock and roll induction of Led Zepplin

Peter_Easter t1_j6e7nco wrote

Foo Fighters with Shane Hawkins on drums

Nizamark t1_j6ejdky wrote

Leonard Cohen, 2009

mildkinda t1_j6byyh2 wrote

Dobet Gnahore, goodness knows how long ago. It was a small venue and her set was amazing. One song, almost a lament, you could hear a pin drop. It was a memorable evening.

On the other end of the scale, Frankie Goes to Hollywood at the height of their popularity. Heavy on the synth rock and I didnt tear up but it was such a gig, despite the crush and the biggish venue.

Nightwindless t1_j6c0l6m wrote

https://youtu.be/dbXcYoV2wPA

Forestella’s cover of Je Suis Malade, on a live performance music show gives an emotional feeling and also some of the audiences are tearing up

Cyanopicacooki t1_j6c2or8 wrote

Weirdly it was Killing Joke at the Garage in Glasgow in the mid-90s. Jaz Coleman got one of his anti-establishment red mists and was haranguing every one about the evils of the Tory government "they fucked you all in the ass man, they fucked you all" whilst Geordie and Youth kept the riff going. He was eventually, still declaiiming loudly, dragged off stage by the club bouncers as they wanted to open the place as a nightclub.

deathandthesun t1_j6c442x wrote

https://youtu.be/L1FsYaeM_t4

the entire performance and this band are truly incredible, but skip to 59:07. it’s a long song, but i’d really recommend watching until the end of the video because just don’t think i’ve ever seen both a crowd and band be in literal emotional pain like that during a performance before

Me230413 t1_j6cjrni wrote

Linkin Park performance after Chester passed!

Jazzman351 t1_j6cquzu wrote

Nick Cave and Warren Ellis last December. A magical and emotional experience

Poopnyoself t1_j6d5dhw wrote

One day I got a call from my friend who is a nurse. He was in tears and distraught because a patient of his coded and passed away. The gentlemen who passed away was in his 50s and his wife witnessed the code in the room. Later that evening my friend and I went to a small little dive bar, not far from the hospital, that we frequent that does karaoke. We were talking everything out when my friend says that the wife walked in to the bar. She went up to sing right away. The room itself froze. It was an ice cold timeless feeling. Then the opening of “At Last” by Ella Fitzgerald swelled up. Both my friend and I could feel the energy in the room sink. Then this poor woman started to sing. We both started to instantly tear sitting at the bar. We couldn’t face her. Her voice was beyond heart broken. (I’m crying now thinking about it.) When she started the second At last we both sort of silently agreed that we can not be here right now. We finished listening to her sing from the lobby, and then called it quits. I’ve never felt emotion in a room like that before and I have yet to again.

minor_thing2022 t1_j6daow8 wrote

Kelly Clarkson performing Piece by Piece on American Idol. Extremely emotional performance, you can tell the song means alot to her. She barely makes it through

coloradoute98 t1_j6dzllz wrote

My Morning Jacket - Dondante. Live on Storytellers. Song is about a friend of Jim James who suffered from mental illness and committed suicide. He describes that and then performs the song. I’ve seen the song live multiple times and it’s not uncommon to see people in the crowd crying.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LkqjuBLJn5Y

Blinkth3dog t1_j6eal4b wrote

Yann Tiersen in his prime mid 2000's.

ivoiiovi t1_j6g952e wrote

I attended a performance of Afghani folk musicians playing some traditional repertoire plus I believe some original works, various stringed instruments and percussion with a woman singing and playing something like a harmonium. some moments of that performance probably topped anything else in the emotion felt and I believe expressed. They also followed the performance with a talk about the oppression of musicians under the Taliban and their personal journeys to keep their traditions alive (this was maybe 10-15 years ago, when the Taliban were not in power but not particularly long after).

portraitinsepia t1_j6gn5kq wrote

Sigur Ros in Melbourne, a truly enchanting experience