Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

_overzealousgiraffe t1_itj9lyg wrote

I pay more here in rent than I did in NYC hhahahahah cannot wait to move

swimteam69 OP t1_itjaauw wrote

You are a special case but do you feel like you are getting your money's worth?

_overzealousgiraffe t1_itlcxyi wrote

Absolutely not. I’m eager to get back. If you’re going to charge NYC rents in an overwhelmingly impoverished city - then you should have NYC level amenities, etc. Or at least Jersey City for fucks sake. They’re overcharging, calling it lux, for what I consider to be an average style of living.

poete_idris t1_itkmasw wrote

What were you paying in NY, where, and what size. I find it hard to believe that what you’re saying remains true after all the differences on living are calculated. You must have chosen to live in the bougiest of apartments or something. I pay 1540 and have more space than my boys luxury apartment in Philly that is close to 2k. And I live in Forest Hill.

_overzealousgiraffe t1_itldxrp wrote

If I chose to live in one of the “bougiest” apartments then that’s my own prerogative.

−5

poete_idris t1_itlln3m wrote

Lmao then you shouldn’t be talking as if that represents a norm in Newark. If you choose the most expensive place here but not the most expensive in NY, it don’t make sense to be like “I’m paying more in Newark than NY wtf !!” nigga I’m sure the most expensive crib in Columbus Ohio costs more than a little one bedroom in NY too. But it makes no point to say so because that’s not an average number.

_overzealousgiraffe t1_itv5ykz wrote

Lmao u are not getting my point whatsoever but ok man. I have lived in NYC, Brooklyn, and JC and just saying, Newark has a very high cost of living for what you're actually getting. Regardless of the amenities in your apartment etc. The city is constantly covered in trash yet they price DT Newark as if its Grove Street.

And to add: I lived in a comparable apartment everywhere I live, so no I didn't choose to live in a shitty NYC apartment and then move to Newark just to complain about rent prices.