Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Antha1969 t1_j9peajn wrote

Spade is the real deal. A perfect mix of smart/smartass and funny. I feel very dumbed and cheated every time I watch Sandler because he copies everyone under the guise of nostalgia. I like Sandler the man,just not the comedian.

[deleted] t1_j9pr7ed wrote

[deleted]

DestinedAssassin t1_j9qb128 wrote

I Vehemently disagree. I was talking to my brother about this the other day and we both agreed for a guy who consistently unspectacular he has had an incredible showbiz career. He basically had 1 good role on snl ( the hollywood report) which wasn't that great to be honest, he only did 1 standup special( the hbo one, which was great), and only made 1 really successful movie which he starred in and that was Tommy Boy. He did some great commericals ( 1800 collect), 3 long televeision series ( just shoot me, rules of engagement, 8 simple rules. That is an incredible career for someone who if they were being honest, wasn't a talented actor nor a great comedian. He is a hard worker, and always has his finger on the pulse of what are the upcoming trends and such. 30 years in showbiz is not easy. Not many comedians can say that.

Antha1969 t1_j9qh2h5 wrote

Agreed! 25 years ago I would have said I hated Spade but his career consistency is amazing. My opinion really changed when I saw him from home during the pandemic,He is like Rickles. He has his shtick but under it he is a very nice guy🚦