Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Dog_man_star1517 t1_j7dl97x wrote

Coolest car and coolest grandpa!

FreeGuacamole t1_j7e1lil wrote

Right! When we were picking hot wheels before playing in the dirt, the red Lamborghini was always the first one picked every time.

JBBurtoni2 OP t1_j7dn4t9 wrote

He was one of a kind, that’s for sure lol

Upshot12 t1_j7dspsp wrote

Where is the car now?

bibslak_ t1_j7divbh wrote

What was the record?

JBBurtoni2 OP t1_j7djzrb wrote

Top speed of 201.793 Mph, a record for ‘C’ modified sports cars. It stood for 10 years before broken.

bibslak_ t1_j7p0l7s wrote

Very cool! I’ve never seen a countach set up for high speed like this

ruralcleatus t1_j7gonmn wrote

Al Burtoni right? I worked at Ferrari Los Gatos and he would come in to buy parts occasionally.

JBBurtoni2 OP t1_j7gov4q wrote

Yep! That’s him. I’ve been to FLG loads of times, I wonder if we ever met?

ruralcleatus t1_j7grv1i wrote

My name is Brian and I worked there from 1999 to 2001. I initially was a service writer then went to be parts manager.

JBBurtoni2 OP t1_j7gst73 wrote

At that time I was an 11ish years old - so if you ever remember a kid tagging along with him or his wife Henia, definitely me haha

ruralcleatus t1_j7h3loz wrote

I don't think I ever met you or Henia. Didn't Ted Taormina work for your dad for a bit?

JBBurtoni2 OP t1_j7h8ix4 wrote

Yep, Ted worked with my grandfather on and off for 20ish years. Great family friend.

iin10ded t1_j7dtwud wrote

wow cool. any details about the car? that looks like a fiero or trans am nose he grafted on the front end.. like a reverse kit car. ;)

WolfGangOFKTA t1_j7fdypt wrote

What did granpapi do for a living?

JBBurtoni2 OP t1_j7frf01 wrote

Long answer short, he dropped out of high school and worked at oil / transmission shops in California until he was able to buy one. Turned one into 7, sold them all and then started importing cars from Italy, homologating them for US specs, then he started making performance parts for them.

WolfGangOFKTA t1_j7fszz4 wrote

That’s wild man, putting some respect on your grandfather 🥃🥃 what a G!

CesarMillan_Official t1_j7frzoc wrote

I thought grandpa was mega ballin with an EB 110. But still ballin with the lambo.

anon2282 t1_j7g4xyt wrote

How fast did he go?

FrankieGS t1_j7gam5m wrote

This is beyond cool