Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

leninbaby t1_ixaz6j3 wrote

keikioaina t1_ixb0lsm wrote

Yeah, I understand the distinction and agree with you. My readings about Ford Jr suggest that he was a non ironic and sincere friend to Israel and Jews, both. He spoke of reversing his grandfather's legacy of anti semitism.

Master_finder t1_ixb4i47 wrote

I think that supporting Israel's right to exist is a necessity as it does have the right however I feel that blind allegiance in any country is wrong. There is not a country that does not have a black book of all of It crimes....calling those who criticize the policies and or murder commited by government should not be grouped with those who are against a specific religion or culture wishing for their death. I do not feel that the Israel and Palestine peace accords are on equal ground as the US blindly goes wherever the State of Israel goes and that causes the conflict to persist . Saying what I said will however incur in some the belief I am anti Semitic even though I have never called for the destruction or harm of Jewish people.

The term is now being used by certain groups seeking to push a political agenda that does not represent the majority in my view. Just read The Haaretz and you can see how divided people are in that conflict except that they are Jewish and so cannot be treated of being anti Semitic...