Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

NeoHumanity t1_j29sc8y wrote

Look at him flaunting his ability to use his legs in front of those actual paraplegics.

kefka3sque t1_j2amm4l wrote

Yeah this just seems mean tbh

temmoku t1_j2b2cmd wrote

Method acting. Aside from arguments from our perspective about whether they could have cast a paraplegic actor, He took the effort to learn about their lives so he could portray a paraplegic person realistically. I don't think that is a bad thing

MikeyNapoli OP t1_j2b8lmn wrote

Correct. It's common place amongst method actors. Robert De Niro worked as a real taxi driver, picking up passengers around New York City during breaks from shooting Taxi Driver. When playing a homeless man in a 1993 episode of the BBC anthology series Screenplay titled “Safe,” Robert Carlyle actually spent two weeks living on the streets.

MikeyNapoli OP t1_j2b7z9e wrote

Nothing mean about this in any way, shape or form. He was there as a learning experience and the people there will have been aware of that. They also will have known he was able bodied.

Jacaxagain t1_j29wicb wrote

I wonder how the people on the back felt about him putting his feet up

itsmellslikefish t1_j2ac030 wrote

Wow, he put in zero effort there towards the end. Apocalypse Now, Superman and the infamous Island of Dr. Moreau

wuzreallygood t1_j2cmcqk wrote

This is not about method acting. This POS is propping his working legs up to read, on a wheelchair that he doesnt need unless their shooting, in front of actual differently abled people. What a dick.

Relative_Figure_1715 t1_j2d8rco wrote

He spent time ignoring what he should have been doing and read a book instead. . . What a tool.

MikeyNapoli OP t1_j2d9uvk wrote

Wow, You're taking all that from one image? Likely snapped when on his break? I hope you don't approach everything in life with such negativity. It's really bad for you.