Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ElDuder1no t1_j1hyuxr wrote

Obviously you're not a golfer...

EDIT: haha in all seriousness relax. Maynard says this before one of their songs off their Opiate album - Cold and Ugly. It's from an early live performance.

TheManRedeemed t1_j1i18e1 wrote

Fuck, you got me so confused on that one my missus asked me if was having reflux again from the expression on my face. I felt like I was having a senior moment.

I'll take your advice and give Opiate a shot. Any other great albums I should get? My boy is coming over for the holidays and I'd love to have a good selection to have playing while we sink some beers and shoot the shit.

daredelvis421 OP t1_j1i3751 wrote

The golfer reference is a quote from The Big Lebowski. If you haven't seen it, would definitely recommend. Every Tool album is great. My personal favorites are Undertow and Aenima. Also check out the drum cam on YouTube of Pneuma if you're new to being a Tool fan.

TheManRedeemed t1_j1i3ssy wrote

Pneuma was one of the songs I heard when my kid played some of their songs for me. I thought it was amazing! The Pot and Sober were also two others he played for me and they were absolutely killer. Thanks for the recommendations I'll give those albums a listen.