Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

rustoof t1_ja357mo wrote

I mean the government can’t find the workers to replace badly needed and fully funded infrastructure projects so, I guess my angle is, if the government could why haven’t they? And if all the “housing is a human right” people really believe that, why is it easier to fill an office position at 15 an hour than a construction job at 20 an hour?

How many houses have you built in the last year?

ArcherChase t1_ja8h7jc wrote

Construction companies would rather not build if they cannot get a significant profit. Since new home buying is dropping, it means fewer construction jobs.

Because our society doesn't do things to fulfill needs of society. We NEED plentiful, affordable, permanent housing. We NEED new infrastructure that benefits the masses with public transit and more well designed population centers. We NEED alternative energy sources for a sustainable future.

We get whatever is most profitable to very few. We GET policy that isn't helpful to the masses but profitable to those who already hold power.

rustoof t1_jaexqjf wrote

You dont see any sort of correlation between the MOST FUCKED UP things in this country simultaneously being the ones the government is the deepest into "regulating, subsidizing, or policing"?

The housing market, the health care market, and the education market are all FUCKED by people like you thinking VOTING equals DOING what it takes to get things we "NEED".

Beleive me, let it all go, all the market capture, all the zoning, all the subsidies, and we'll end up with what we "need." Or you can keep trying to have a "kind a free market" and the economically obvious shortages that come with them.