Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

SgtBoaty t1_j777vzl wrote

What is the evidence that the suicide pact was based on politics? I saw the girl’s video postings suggesting she was severely schizophrenic, saying she was abdicating the throne of England and she was the antichrist. I was thinking she is seriously mentally ill and the parents felt they couldn’t seek help due to their religion.

pedantic_comments t1_j77dow9 wrote

They were all Q-anon lunatics that withdrew from society to let their various mental problems metastasize.

I don’t think they thought it was about politics, but I can draw a straight line for you from Trumpy-Qanon-Evangelical-homeschooled beliefs (and conspiratorial media consumption) that leads right to delusions, depression, isolation, paranoia and thinking that murder/suicide is the best course of action.

five_eight t1_j77h22b wrote

Nailed it. First fat orange cheetoe messiah is gone. Then The Turk and the Insurrectionist from Jersey lose. How much can evangelical home schoolers take?

SgtBoaty t1_j77n156 wrote

I was just wondering where you had read they were into Q-anon because I hadn’t seen that.

I can definitely see the connection too; also seems like it could go the other way—if you are biologically prone to paranoid delusions you could take that stuff and run with it.