Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ProleAcademy t1_j8oy0y6 wrote

Unfuck the regulatory agencies, give the workers a good contract, nationalize the railroad company's holdings, yeet the executives

Wickersaltlamp t1_j8phvil wrote

100% correct. That would require a strong federal response. Biden and Pete have been useless. We knew this was coming when Biden screwed the rail unions a few months ago.

SquareConfusion t1_j8q255c wrote

Biden is partially to blame but let’s not forget the rollback of Obama rail safety policies and additional deregulation by the previous admin. There’s a whole lot of blame to spread around on this and it doesn’t fall squarely on one side of the political divide or the other.

Wickersaltlamp t1_j8qbtgl wrote

Absolutely! It is interesting to see when a bad decision directly leads to a horrible outcome. And of course, Democrats and Republicans both love to screw over workers especially when it comes to the rail workers.

IWantAStorm t1_j8rdk7p wrote

At this point I am convinced most of our government agencies are a single landline phone to an 86 year old woman named Janice who is half deaf and only answers the phone from 10-2.

ProleAcademy t1_j8pp34j wrote

We sure did. Should've been a wildcat strike, not too late

Wickersaltlamp t1_j8prwnk wrote

I don't really agree there because people would have been put in jail. Maybe if it was nearly perfectly and seamlessly executed it could have been successful but I don't want to see people in jail.

ProleAcademy t1_j8pukaw wrote

You might be right. But I don't see the labor movement, the environmental movement, or the movement to radically reform democracy succeeding until a lot more people are willing to risk jail. And the prevailing system is very, very good at making us hesitate to do that.