Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

russ257 t1_j8ybtmw wrote

Probably on an intercept course for another one of those dang balloons.

Bolt_Catch t1_j8ya3ba wrote

One pair of jets just blasted past us in Lancaster PA, maybe the same ones.

They were headed southeast.

donutlad t1_j8ybw7f wrote

I felt like I was in the first episode of The Last of Us

Siege_5 t1_j8yarai wrote

My dad just texted me about 2 jets in South Jersey

dav3y_jon3s t1_j8ye2wt wrote

Some came over Blairs Mills a bit ago.

Bolt_Catch t1_j8z7asm wrote

https://lancasteronline.com/news/local/did-you-see-or-hear-jets-flying-over-lancaster-county-its-just-a-training-exercise/article_db32a35a-af05-11ed-a195-83133a79d087.html

Lancaster Online is running a similar story with a Lancaster Air Traffic Controller (who's not named) allegedly saying they were "routine training flights..."

Yet I've lived in Lancaster County for about 6 years and I've never noticed fighter jets overhead. I've noticed plenty of Fort Indiantown Gap's helicopters (Chinooks I believe, they're long with two rotors) but never fighter jets.

IamSauerKraut t1_j8zmuv3 wrote

Military craft often train over the Furnace Hills and on many summer afternoons A-10's fly over the E-Town area to/from FTIG for training.

Last week, the 47's were doing landing/take off practice at LanCoAirport.

Crawlerado t1_j90x859 wrote

We have a pair of A-10s go over the house seemingly weekly down here in Adam’s CO

aught4naught t1_j91zq8a wrote

All things currently considered, Mav and Ice decided we Common wealthers needed a low, loud flyby.

bigtoegman210 t1_j8zu3dt wrote

It’s training, they do it all the time.

Taanistat t1_j8ze28h wrote

I live near Jim Thorpe, and these valleys were used heavily for fighter training missions during the Bosnian conflict and still are on occasion. I wouldn't be surprised if it was something similar.

IamSauerKraut t1_j8zmza3 wrote

Jets used to come out of Willow Grove back then but that operation was decommissioned about 20 years ago.

AdApprehensive3582 t1_j91izl3 wrote

South jersey flew over very loud and fast going towards the ocean heading east

SpaceRoots t1_j945v6p wrote

Someone on the Lancaster sub claimed to see a triangle ufo around the same time.

AnotherDaveFella t1_j8yh0pb wrote

More UFO's. Seriously though the pair of A10's that zoomed harrisburg the other day was exciting.

Siege_5 t1_j8yhcjq wrote

Anyone have an idea what the jets were?

Jskerp OP t1_j8yhriv wrote

Maybe F-35? Im unsure I have limited knowledge on jets

ObjectivePretend6755 t1_j91bboj wrote

They're probably from Dover De. This is the first recon of PA from DE to prepare for the immanent invasion of PA. Be very afraid.