Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

OkRoll3915 t1_j9ieb8a wrote

meanwhile the state that was ground zero for this disaster is a Republican who is doing nothing and covering for Norfolk and Southern.

Go get em Gov. Shapiro!

IamSauerKraut t1_j9ihgcn wrote

DeWine has been front and center, too. Not shirking his duties.

−34

artisanrox t1_j9k5uex wrote

He's definitely not shirking his duties.

He was very quick to let everyone know that there was nothing to see here, everything clean, no worries, move along, shoo shoo.

egJohn t1_j9ir0sp wrote

maybe we can all continue to blame Norfolk Southern and the system that NS has created using both Republican and Democrat politicians through lobbying etc.

blaming dewine and Shapiro is just partisan tripe that distracts from the much bigger issues we have.

1stBigHank t1_j9lxhdb wrote

Great. NS new this kind of accident would happen eventually. The business plan is to do shady and illegal shit to save/make money. When the accident happens just pay less in fines than NS made by doing that illegal shit. Profit, then just repeat. It pays for itself.

The only way to break this cycle is to fine them out of existence. Maker every shareholder lose everything. Making safety a profit motive is the only way to make them be safe.

billfriedman9987 t1_j9mjsc5 wrote

I am loving the fact that we have a great governor!

EmpiricalAnarchism t1_j9kbn46 wrote

I wish people showed one tenth of the concern for the millions poisoned by the DoD with PFAS that they do for East Palestine. Literally one-tenth.

glenmalure t1_j9mwkzh wrote

A referral is a request for an investigation which may or may not result in criminal charges. It could get quite complicated. There is no doubt that there will be multiple massive civil claims. There is a massive amount of work in assembling the material for a serious legal action, the press release usually comes after the work is done. I am not in western PA but if I were, I would welcome information about the state’s plans to test the water & soils of the area impacted by the plume.

drxdrg08 t1_j9naduw wrote

Even a preliminary report on the causes of the crash is not released until tomorrow.

And Shapiro already knows laws were broken?

−2

TheJohnMega t1_j9jhgp2 wrote

Everyone knows these people are victims of greedy capitalism Government don't actually give a fuck and these poor folks are never gonna fully recover from this People are still waiting for Years after hurricanes for a fema trailer or they get stiffed by the scumbag lawyers and insurance companies who refuse to do the right thing

−4