Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Outrageous-Scene4751 t1_janvv5h wrote

right after the school refunds all the taxes it took from the family. education is obviously something we can no longer do together. people have a right to their own beliefs and it is beyond unjust to take someone's property and then use it in a way that is against that persons belief system. the split is a reality. we should formalize it and go our seprate ways. the union is failed.

−19

thatsasaladfork t1_jar2iap wrote

What? Everyone pays school taxes. Not just people with kids that go to that school. Why should anyone get a refund because they decide to go elsewhere? That makes no sense. I don’t have a school aged child and we still pay school tax. School tax paid by everyone guarantees everyone gets access to an education. If you don’t believe with the curriculum, pay more for a private school. I know of 5 Christian private schools around me as it is.

This mom’s kid isn’t even in the class with the curriculum she has a problem with.

Least_Way t1_jarpakh wrote

If that’s the case I want every tax dollar spent on the military back

RoyOfCon t1_jar1kw7 wrote

You don’t get to cherry pick which taxes to pay. Millions of families of private school students have paid their taxes, why should that all of a sudden change? If you don’t like the public school curriculum, send your kids to private school or move to a school district that has an education system you support.

iluvgivingblowjobs t1_jashp7y wrote

Ok then go to Mexico, Canada, or literally any other nation. No one is keeping you here.