Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

JJ12622 t1_jau10wv wrote

Death threats from followers of Jesus really drive this whole thing home

cpr4life8 t1_jau1h1i wrote

Surprising no one

lyfe_is_a_nyghtmare t1_jau4tme wrote

These are the same people that threw a fit when school prayer was finally outlawed.

Rules for thee but not for me!

SupercarEnjoyer0 t1_jau8a48 wrote

My mom and a couple other church moms got my science teacher to skip the evolution chapter in a town of about 1,200

It’s ok though, I learned it anyway

Impossible_Garbage_4 t1_jayk42d wrote

Prayer wasn’t even outlawed, really. Students can pray all they want, it’s just that teachers can’t make and lead a prayer time

Important_Egg_6748 t1_jav7xp2 wrote

I might of mis-read the article but it says it was one person and his name is Ceu Uk. Doesn’t say anything about him being Christian or part of an activist group. Just wondering where your information came from?

−26

pizzapantifa t1_javw0bi wrote

Bro did you really just try to "it's severely unlikely that a man who called in a shooting threat over a club named "After School Satan Club" is a Christian. Especially when his name sounds so foreign-y!" us?

*might have

*misread (it's one word)

https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/northampton-county/2023/02/north-carolina-man-threatened-to-shoot-saucon-valley-school-over-after-school-satan-club-da-says.html

>“He stated the After School Satan Club is trying to turn kids into devils, and he found out about it on Facebook,”

Please list non-secular organizations that are concerned about "trying to turn kids into devils".

Fucking plug your ears and close your eyes some more.

baron_von_noseboop t1_jawl0al wrote

"Well then all I can say is that he is not really my kind of Christian. I'm the kind of Christian that doesn't believe Asian people belong in my church."

Important_Egg_6748 t1_jb9kg4x wrote

Just a simple question. Where did you get your information from? No need to get all fired up. You are making all the implications, not me. How do we know he isn’t a non-denominational mentally I’ll person living in his mom’s basement?

pizzapantifa t1_jb9t5aw wrote

Just a simple question. Why are you so invested in convincing people that the guy who threatened a school for having a club with the name "Satan" in it isn't associated with christianity?

Important_Egg_6748 t1_jbe3n4q wrote

I’m not trying to convince people of anything. If he’s a Christian activist, great, I don’t care. I am open to that. You on the other hand are not open to anything other than the fact he is with zero supporting information.

Important_Egg_6748 t1_jbe4vh4 wrote

It is scary when people want to yell and scream in an attempt to silence. Yell and scream when somebody asks a legit question that the answer to might go against their their developed narrative. I answered your question. I am not trying to convince anybody of anything. Just seeking the truth….nothing I’ve said so far is persuasive either way. Now can you please answer my question. Where did you see information that says this guy is a Christian?