Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

mwwwaaahahaha t1_je0n0pd wrote

I like Penn's Cave. There is so much to do there, not just the cave. Indian Echo is also nice.

BryGuy610 t1_je0e5yn wrote

I've only done Crystal Cave when I was a kid many many years ago. I've heard a lot of great things about Penn's Cave and its typically rated one of the best attractions in PA.

egJohn t1_je0tk4e wrote

Laurel is nice. and it's in an interesting area. it's on the top of a mountain and on a clear day you can see the top of the US Steel tower in Pittsburgh ~60 miles away

mr-popadopalous t1_je11l9f wrote

Laurel Cavern guided spelunking part is really cool. Tunnel vision kicks on the way back though

BeatsMeByDre t1_je1bv14 wrote

Crystal cave is an hour guided tour, it's ok. In October they do nighttime lantern tours though, which is cool. I can't compare it to the others cause I haven't been there.

InteligentTard t1_je2h0rn wrote

I’ve only been to penn’s cave. It was really cool. A nice slow boat ride through the cave makes it really enjoyable.

UnkleSpleefy t1_je2nwzl wrote

The caves here are ok , but the drive to get to one is a few hours one way...depending on where u live...im in South Central PA....an hour from Harrisburg.....so for me that is the case.....so if you are looking for an awesome day trip , may I STRONGLY suggest , Luray Caverns.. .for the money you will spend at any of the PA caves , Luray is worth the adventure, and no shortage of many neat things along the way.... Skyline Drive starts in Front Royal and parallel ls I-81 south , the whole way to Luray , if you want to see something amazing, as both are national treasures with tons of history.....

pinkpolo OP t1_je2s4hw wrote

We just got back from doing 2 caves in KY-Lost River and Mammoth. Luray is def on the future list.

Remarkable_Lack712 t1_je3bge4 wrote

Woodward cave. It’s reasonably close to pens cave and you could probably do both in the same day. Woodward has a lot of history and it’s a walking tour. It’s also entirely accessible. I’ve taken our cub pack there and the kids loved it.

snurfherder828 t1_je0zm6l wrote

Don't forget about Coral Caverns in Bedford, PA! It's smaller but fun.

skinow84 t1_je1jnj9 wrote

There’s one you can explore on your own in Shippensburg. Carnegie cave (google it). It’s pretty neat, you’ll get wet and need to have a helmet and flashlights

Feisty-Fish t1_je1ky3m wrote

This certainly isn’t touring, but I love pequea wind cave out around Lancaster.

webauteur t1_je6d3uv wrote

I think Indian Caverns is closed now but you used to be able to visit it and Lincoln Caverns on the same trip since they are not far from each other.

Groan_Of_Wind t1_je1digs wrote

I will probably always be partial to Penns Cave. For one because of the boat. And number two because I had a threesome that very night.