Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Benanov t1_jb349t6 wrote

Call an Agent and have them set up a quote for you. You can give them the make/model of the car you're eying and they can run you up a quote.

I've used State Farm mainly due to inertia - it's who my parents (and in-laws) use, so all my experience is with them. Just call a local office in your area - agents are scattered all over, really; you can look a few up online and whoever gets back to you soonest, go with them, heh.

Even if you don't use State Farm, they know applicable law and should be able to at least get you a competitive quote.

Then you can call a couple of other local agents with different insurance firms and feel out which works best for you

BTW, unless you're really budget-conscious, you want full tort in PA

XxItsAwigxX OP t1_jb35gnv wrote

So when you know what car you exactly want to buy, do you tell your agent and then they run numbers for you? How quickly does the whole thing take? Would you get any time between buying the car and showing the dealer proof of insurance or does it all need to happen the time you buy the car?

Benanov t1_jb3rdkc wrote

Yeah, they'll run the numbers for you. Ask the agent; they want you to be able to be insured if at all possible. They'll know - it's how they make money.