Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Tommy_Batch t1_jdn9opl wrote

Anyone with two working brain cells supports equal rights for the citizens of this country and ALL its states; regardless who the people are, regardless what they do.

Once the republicans have milked this for all the hate they can wring from it, they'll move on and we'll not hear "trans" used as a slur.

Who knows what they'll rile up their haters with next.

drxdrg08 t1_jdncebz wrote

> Anyone with two working brain cells supports equal rights for the citizens of this country and ALL its states; regardless who the people are, regardless what they do.

Equal rights means that when you create laws and policy you strip away all the differences such as race, gender, sexual preferences, etc.

The cult of intersectionality does the complete opposite.

−26

TransFattyAcid OP t1_jdnt0q6 wrote

Can you show us a bill that's been passed into law that implements policy as this so called "cult of intersectionality" you invented intends to do?

Tommy_Batch t1_jdnd08o wrote

Exactly what laws protecting equal rights should do.

We need more of them apparently.

susinpgh t1_jdnii7i wrote

Like the Marriage Equality Act? Or the Loving act, which allowed people of two different races to marry? I think that serves a purpose. It also serves a purpose in holding organizations and employers to account for unfair practices based on ant number of factors.

Yes, we shouldn't need these rules, because it's in the constitution. But since the founding, laws were interpreted differently based on gender, race and religious practice.

Aggravating_Foot_528 t1_jdo6z39 wrote

Loving was a SCOTUS case.

susinpgh t1_jdofcfl wrote

What's your point?

Aggravating_Foot_528 t1_jdohmec wrote

You called it the Loving Act. That would be a law. But instead it was a supreme court case -- Loving v. Virginia.

susinpgh t1_jdojfyr wrote

Yes, you're right. But the precedent for interracial marriage was set with that decision.

SeptasLate t1_jdo1dvi wrote

Race and gender no longer exist?

I'm sure you were equally outraged about the all of the St Patrick's day parades and how they create divisions between the Irish decendants and the other less boozy ethic groups