Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Legitimate_Soft5585 t1_jbp7imp wrote

Glad you weren't cited for the expired registration but another case of police NOT doing routine police work. Sounds right.

−6

anonymously0142 OP t1_jbpag1w wrote

Oh please he was just a good cop. I cut through a one way to get out of the rain. He asked for my registration and looked at my inspection sticker (expired) then just let me off with a warning

Legitimate_Soft5585 t1_jbpaszt wrote

I get it. That part of patrol is actually in the sop. So, yea, he wasn't doing his job. Simple. Safe travels.

anonymously0142 OP t1_jbpbgmm wrote

So if you were in my spot would you curse the cop out for not doing his job and fining/towing your bike away? 😂 maybe he wasn't doing his job, or maybe he saw I was trying to get home and out of the rain and had some empathy. Thinking acab is crazy.

Pink_Slyvie t1_jbp80h9 wrote

Eh, I've been pulled over by police randomly for forgetting registration, after stickers were no longer required.

That means they took the time to scan my plate when I was doing nothing wrong. Its fucking predatory. ACAB

Legitimate_Soft5585 t1_jbp8h4h wrote

Totally. They're getting worse. I guess my point is, they won't do the routine shit that's "boring police work" but they'll lie in wait for some bullshit and pounce on it... like your reg issue. We need much better police.

Pink_Slyvie t1_jbp8po1 wrote

We need to abolish the current police entirely and set up social safety nets. We probably do need some form of law enforcement, but it bears no resemblance to what we have now.