Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

thenewtbaron t1_jcb1fvh wrote

Jesus. this is funny.

"Push" a novel about a young teen who was failed by the education system, abused by her family is banned from a high school for ... "not meeting the standards of developmental appropriateness"

yeah, I guess 16 year olds can't read about a woman being abused by her family... what age range is "developmentally appropriate" to learn that other people get abused? Do teenagers have to read children's novels until they turn 18.

"shush shush honey, I know tomorrow you are turning 18 tomorrow but I can't let you read about anything bad in this world... that is why we banned talking about war, slavery, native desolation, the holocaust(which we both know is fake).... anyway, good luck on giving birth to your second child"

Fucking snowflakes

thereisnodevil666 t1_jcb2oex wrote

It runs too close to home for most of the inbred shit that elected this school board. Uncle MAGA doesn't want his niece to realize what he's doing is a crime.

[deleted] t1_jcbuvb2 wrote

[removed]

−6

thereisnodevil666 t1_jcbw8z7 wrote

Yup. Totally. Pennsylvania Republicans definitely want to protect kids and punish rapists, who are almost always family members or clergy.

https://www.penncapital-star.com/government-politics/pa-house-returns-to-pass-sexual-abuse-survivors-bills-gop-objects-to-special-session-rules/

Democrats advanced a second bill to make a law giving survivors two years to sue their attackers and the institutions that enabled them. But the two Republican members of the five-member House Committee to Provide Justice to Otherwise Barred Victims of Childhood Sexual Abuse voted against the measure.