Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

stjblair t1_ir02hzu wrote

The easiest thing to do for your social security card is to get a wet stamped/signed medical record with your birthday and name. The university doctor should be able to provide you with that. Just tell them you need it to get you social security card

A wet stamped/signed school record from this year with the same information should also work. The registrar should be able to help you with that

hoagiebreath t1_ir087in wrote

This is the real answer.

stjblair t1_ir09ahz wrote

I know this because I literally just had to go through all this with someone on my caseload

chaos-born OP t1_ir02s5e wrote

Medical Records are in the works, albeit, I contacted my care provider at the beginning of last month and it's been radio silence since then, should I just give them a call? If it needs to be from this year, I think I can call them up and ask if I can get a physical?? Jesus, I don't know how any of this works.

hoagiebreath t1_ir08a3v wrote

I had medical records from years ago that was acceptable. It’s a bit of a Karen move but put it on blast or instead of going to the SS office a 7th time. Go into your doctors office and tell them the situation and you will wait. You gotta do what you gotta do.

stjblair t1_ir098u5 wrote

With in 2 years for adults for medical records

Same school year for academic records

Both need a wet signature or stamp

I’d go in person and keep calling until they get back to you. I’d also pursue both options because one may come through quicker than the other. Both should know exactly what you need. I wish you luck

hoagiebreath t1_ir0a2gl wrote

Just to clarify also as I’m not sure I’d know what a wet signature or stamp is at 18.

They have to sign or stamp this by hand in person. Wet signature = ink from a pen in person. It can’t be something like a digital signature or stamp.

qwerty17201 t1_ir2ijba wrote

I had to do this when my son's ssn card was wrong.