Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

susinpgh t1_it4287a wrote

This might be the time where you are better off calling. I had an issue where I was laid off from one of three part time jobs. At the time, there was no way to log in more than two jobs. Only way to resolve it was to call in.

jkman61494 t1_it44o1f wrote

Fun tip. A career link office has an easy access line to unemployment and you skip the hours long wait

discogeek t1_it4dl1h wrote

So does your state rep.

insecurestaircase t1_it6rbuc wrote

Husband got laid off twice and the UC office was late on payment so he called the state rep and they paid him the next day.

MiketheImpuner t1_it5ijv0 wrote

I was unemployed in PA his summer. The phone number is busy 8-5PM Mo-Fri and closed outside those hours. Bucks County PA had a grant through Career link that paid someone to call me and fix the problem. Didn't lose any unemployment. Only took 2-3 weeks from eligibility to receiving $

BartlettMagic t1_it4iwbu wrote

last i heard, PACL had disconnected those lines. they didn't want multiple people using the same phone all day during COVID

jkman61494 t1_it4kruv wrote

Boy I hope they brought them back. I’m sorry if I gave wrong info

BartlettMagic t1_it4ljad wrote

honestly i do too. i worked at PACL up until Feb '21, so during COVID. people used to get so frustrated with us because up until that point a lot of people considered us "the unemployment office." for quite a while all we could do was give out the 1-800 or whatever number to Harrisburg, which resulted in disgusting wait times.

SSFx93 t1_it43xqu wrote

And wait hours and hours to be encouraged (forced) to give up.

susinpgh t1_it451aw wrote

I know, but the form doesn't look like a good option, either. The only other option is to actually try showing up at the office.

Lord_Sports t1_it67c5q wrote

I agree but good luck with whoever is on the other end and wants to help you.