Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

fenuxjde t1_it5moiq wrote

When the heads of the chiefs of police associations, a traditionally republican demographic, came out to endorse Fetterman, that should have been enough to end that talking point. Yet here we are.

WookieeSteakIsChewie t1_it6wpj0 wrote

>When the heads of the chiefs of police associations, a traditionally republican demographic,

Did they? Every police union or org I've seen has backed Shapiro but not Fetterman.

fenuxjde t1_it6y22m wrote

Yeah the ad they're running here in Lancaster has been the interview with the guy saying Fetterman has voted in line with the police like 85% of the time, and that Hollywood celebrity Oz has no idea how crime and the law works.

WookieeSteakIsChewie t1_it6ypt7 wrote

The one sheriff, you mean. He wasn't representing any chiefs of police. He's just a lone Democrat sherrif from the suburbs.

It's very curious to me how every police union or group I've seen has supported Shapiro but not Fetterman.

Wonder why that is?

EntangledBadger t1_it7dd72 wrote

I am not seeing Chiefs of police in this list but there are a heck of a lot more people supporting Fetterman than Oz. That said the people supporting Oz happen to be several different lodges of the fraternal order of Police sadly.

https://www.cityandstatepa.com/politics/2022/09/here-are-endorsements-pennsylvanias-us-senate-race/376717/

Woodyee101 t1_it7khht wrote

They know the Fetterman will easy take the money for votes which will help him get off mommy and daddy’s payroll

−16