Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Sweaty-Foot7952 t1_iupjrp5 wrote

That is certainly your prerogative. But speaking as a woman, I can prevent pregnancy. I can’t prevent inflation, the value of my 401(k), job layoffs and lack of medical treatment due to lockdowns - except to vote.

Sweaty-Foot7952 t1_iupjx3d wrote

PS. Temporary or permanent sterilization is not illegal. There’s your control over your uterus

[deleted] t1_iupr04r wrote

[deleted]

Sweaty-Foot7952 t1_iuprswc wrote

Lots of women get sterilized in their 20s. I was. But you do you. There are far more important issues to me than this.

bitterbeerfaces t1_iuqqzma wrote

Why, for a medical reason? Did you already have children? A single 23-year-old who has no children and no medical reason for a hysterectomy will be very unlikely to find a doctor Will tie their tubes. I was denied an IUD when I was 25 and the doctor told me that I might change my mind about having kids in the next 5 years. Hint I didn't.

Sweaty-Foot7952 t1_iur0v6f wrote

Like I said, you do you. I’m going to vote the way I want and nobody is talking me out of it.

bitterbeerfaces t1_iuqr3ic wrote

Do you really think I need you to be forced to continue continue being pregnant against their will? To potentially die while giving birth? To end up in poverty due to unpaid leave from work?

What happens to all of those unwanted children? There are currently 40,000 adoptable kids in the foster care system, and no one wants them.

300blakeout t1_iuqda4i wrote

You can’t control your uterus? Who controls it? That’s like saying you can’t control not smoking and you’re forced to put the cigarette in your mouth. You have complete control, your abortion argument is weak. It’s almost as if there’s ways to… not get pregnant?